Super Bowl Potential Uniform Matchups

Bruhammydude

The 2017-2018 NFL Playoffs are set, and 12 teams are setting their minds on the Lombardi Trophy. But, what would be the most aesthetically beautiful Super Bowl? Here are mine.

Favorite: (vikings in purple pants)

Image result for bills vs vikings

Worst:

Image result for jaguars eagles

Prediction:

Image result for vikings patriots

I know this won't exactly fly with some of the board vets, but I'll throw this in as my personal perfect matchup:

• I really don't like the Jags current unis at all, but seeing them in a Super Bowl would be a masterpiece to my eyes in any case. :) 
  • If they were miraculously allowed to bend the rules and wear teal, ohhhh baby!
  • Bright colors look good for the Super Bowl, imo.
  • I've personally always been partial to the 90's glory that is the teal and purple color scheme. Can't say particularly why, but I just can't get enough of it.

Putting the Jags in any ideal matchup scenario is pretty controversial and I understand how a lot of folks would want to avoid this for general aesthetic reasons, but that won't keep me from keeping my fingers crossed. ;) 

CPLayja.jpg

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

The AFC is the "home" team this year, which creates a slight possibility we will see these abominations:

rams_jaguars_football_24705587-1.jpg?w=5

I doubt any of the AFC teams will elect to wear white, though.

I really hope whoever is the AFC Champ is elects to wear white so the world can see these!

• Like 2

I have to think that the league would relent and allow the throwbacks in the Owl.  They just have to - there's no way they could market those jerseys, and it would create a goofy situation where those special-edition super bowl uniforms (The ones that are a standard template and don't match the team-specific ones) would have a whole other color scheme than the ones being worn in the actual game.

It's probably a moot point, since if the AFC chooses white, we'll end up with this, minus the dirt bag with the ball in his hand.*  I can't imagine that the Eagles would go with black-black, though presumably that would be allowed... right?  Didn't Carolina wear blue one year in the playoffs?

New+England+Patriots+v+Philadelphia+Eagl

*though as mentioned, the Eagles are probably going to disqualify themselves from the playoffs.

• Like 1