Super Bowl Potential Uniform Matchups

Bruhammydude

1 hour ago, lbj273 said:

If the Vikings coaches get their way I'm sure they will treat it like every other home game and stay in their homes except for the night before when they stay at their usual team hotel downtown.  The other team (or teams if the Vikes don't make it) are slated to stay in Bloomington by the Mall of America.

I bet they treat is like any other Super Bowl.  Pretty sure that the hotels slated as team hotels are part of the game agreement and a requirement.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/14/2018 at 8:51 PM, See Red said:

If the Jaguars win, the NFL really oughta relax the helmet rule and let them—no, make them—wear an all-black helmet.  What if there's an all-time great play and we have to see those black and gold monstrosities until the end of time?

That would assume that when the NFL went through the exhaustive process of approving that helmet to be the icon of one of its teams that they never envisioned that said team would even make it to the big stage. What a head-scratchingly strange move that would be.

After this year, the next Patriots Super Bowl will be against the Cardinals, right? (last three Pats opponents: Seahawks, Falcons, Eagles...)

Anyway, hoping the Eagles go white on white. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, WSU151 said:

After this year, the next Patriots Super Bowl will be against the Cardinals, right? (last three Pats opponents: Seahawks, Falcons, Eagles...)

Anyway, hoping the Eagles go white on white. 

I don't think the Eagles belong in white-over-white. I hope they wear their green pants. Midnight green looks good as a helmet color, decent as a pant color, and bad as a jersey color - but the it just doesn't make sense for me for the Eagles to go white-over-white, like, ever. 

It's unfortunate, really: either the Pats will get a sixth Super Bowl title, or the Eagles' current duds will be immortalized as Super Bowl winners and probably become untouchable like New England's.

You know what's sad? You have to go back to 2011 to find a really high quality uniform matchup in the Super Bowl:

game31-frakes.jpg

I guess that's what happens with the only teams that can come out of the AFC are the super-dated Pats, the somewhat-dated Broncos, and the super-super-dated Ravens...

Archived