RealSkillsAbraham

Super Bowl Potential Uniform Matchups

8 minutes ago, Ark said:

This is a great matchup

DP5aYuvVoAAdWlX.jpg

Might be an unpopular opinion, but that's my least favorite Super Bowl uniform matchup ever. I think both uniforms are hideous. The Seahawks are completely overdesigned and muddled (white number would look so much more vibrant and attractive than silver), while the Pats' away uniform has always been a mess, IMO - gaudy side panels, phantom striping on the pants, an imbalance of colors relative to the silver and red helmet, etc. Not to mention that both teams were wearing navy pants, which I thought muddled the look of the game further.

And to confirm it:

I suppose this tweet doesn't actually confirm it so much as it just references the original reporter. Still, an interesting development.

The Patriots' home uniforms against the Eagles' away uniforms would've looked better. I guess they want to continue the streak of the "away" team winning the Super Bowl, instead of breaking it (bastards).

So we're getting XXXIX all over again, but with Nike fabrics?

super-bowl-xxxix-mcnabb.jpg

Any possibility the Eagles go crazy and wear monochrome green or even throw in the color rush black pants? Probably not.

Not surprised to see the Patriots ride the "white usually wins" selection process, and to add that they are also undefeated in the Super Bowl while wearing them, it was kind of a no-brainer to me.

On the other hand, the Eagles are 11-1 in their home set this year (11-0 if you don't count meaningless Week 17 vs. Cowboys).

Who knows.

Personally, I like the Eagles home set vs. Patriots road set best. I'll take this look.

2 hours ago, eRay said:

So we're getting XXXIX all over again, but with Nike fabrics?

super-bowl-xxxix-mcnabb.jpg

Any possibility the Eagles go crazy and wear monochrome green or even throw in the color rush black pants? Probably not.

I honestly liked this uni match-up, but I was hoping they would go with the home blues just so we could have something to differentiate this game from their last Super Bowl meeting. I also wanted the Pats to wear white against the Giants in 2012 for the same reason.

Really lame that the Pats chose the white jerseys. Didn't think they believed in the superstition bs. Now we get the same exact uniform match up as SB39.. 

I always thought it was interesting how the Pats won their first two Brady-era SB's wearing the blues, then the third was the white jersey vs the Eagles. They could've done the exact opposite for this dynasty. But nope, all three of their older-Brady-era SB's could have the same exact look.

49 minutes ago, Primzahl said:

Really lame that the Pats chose the white jerseys. Didn't think they believed in the superstition bs. Now we get the same exact uniform match up as SB39.. 

What if the Patriots wear the Color Rush pants? 

59 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Couldn't Eagles wear their Black alternates or no? 

Alternates are not allowed in the playoffs, Super Bowl included.