Recommended Posts

The helmet is perfect, which excuses the design a tad. Matte or that weird flake effect takes away from the design’s beautiful simplicity (pissed-off jaguar emerging from the shadows). However, teal numbers would be a marked improvement.

 

Khan is to black as Spanos is to navy. They both go against fan wishes to push “their” color on the team. While the Spanoses are sorta embracing powder, I don’t see Khan shying away from black-primary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe as far as the stripe less pant thing goes(for the record, I liked striped pants), I just don't know why teams wear a sock that's the same color as the pant. Either wear a striped sock with the stripe less pants or a different color top to the sock. i.e. every time the Browns wear their brown pants, they should wear the orange topped socked and so on for the other stripe less pant teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Asked my wife what she thought of the Jags’ uniforms.

 

”They’re pretty plain,” she said. 

 

I love her so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted matte until the first time the uniforms went onto the field. They are great, and I’m not sure why I wanted anything different.

 

But, they look like a high school team that got plain white and black uniforms (without any real school colors except for the logos) because they were the cheapest option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jaguars look terrible on the road with teal nowhere to be found and no pants stripes.

 

Look like one of those generic "1-AA South" teams you'd play in dynasty mode in the old NCAA games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

The helmet is perfect, which excuses the design a tad. Matte or that weird flake effect takes away from the design’s beautiful simplicity (pissed-off jaguar emerging from the shadows). However, teal numbers would be a marked improvement.

 

Khan is to black as Spanos is to navy. They both go against fan wishes to push “their” color on the team. While the Spanoses are sorta embracing powder, I don’t see Khan shying away from black-primary.

They didn’t even get the helmet right. By flipping the golds, the logo looks muted and a little less vivid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL: AUG 18 Preseason - Jaguars at Vikings : News Photo

NFL: AUG 18 Preseason - Jaguars at Vikings : News Photo

NFL: AUG 18 Preseason - Jaguars at Vikings : News Photo

NFL: AUG 18 Preseason - Jaguars at Vikings : News Photo

NFL: AUG 18 Preseason - Jaguars at Vikings : News Photo

NFL: AUG 18 Preseason - Jaguars at Vikings : News Photo

NFL: AUG 18 Preseason - Jaguars at Vikings : News Photo

 

 

 

Image result for the rock applause gif

 

 

Clean, smooth, classy, sleek, elegant...

 

The Jacksonville Jaguars have officially ushered in the "Less is More" era of NFL uniform designs. No more stale, old-fashioned "standard" features like pants stripes. No more gimmicky "modern" patterns. However, like a lot of others have mentioned, solid teal numbers would've made it perfect. That is my one critique. Still, I applaud the Jaguars for the great new set, which will no doubt influence NFL uniform designs from here on out.

 

#LessIsMore #LIM

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else remember when Nate Burleson diplomatically blamed "overcorrecting" for his car crash? And then it came out that he broke his arm because he was messing with a pizza box while driving?

 

The Jags overcorrected with this plain cheese pizza design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like they way they look in those HQ photos. Yadda yadda..something about teal..yadda yadda, though the classy helmet and crispy number font carry it pretty damn well and set it apart from something that I would consider "too bland" (including the Jags 2009 look). I'll probably drop a full review of 'em myself before the preseason is over so I can stop parroting myself to make a point; I want to emphasize how the goalposts have been moved in regards to these duds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, daveindc said:

 

The Jacksonville Jaguars have officially ushered in the "Less is More" era of NFL uniform designs. No more stale, old-fashioned "standard" features like pants stripes. No more gimmicky "modern" patterns.

 

 

 

And by "no more" I assume you mean just this one time?  Because I'm pretty sure you wont see another uniform this plain in a redesign going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, daveindc said:

(Learn to use the resize function and just use one image. Quite frankly, using that many is overkill/borderline spamming)

 

Clean, smooth, classy, sleek, elegant...

 

The Jacksonville Jaguars have officially ushered in the "Less is More" era of NFL uniform designs. No more stale, old-fashioned "standard" features like pants stripes. No more gimmicky "modern" patterns. However, like a lot of others have mentioned, solid teal numbers would've made it perfect. That is my one critique. Still, I applaud the Jaguars for the great new set, which will no doubt influence NFL uniform designs from here on out.

 

#LessIsMore #LIM

 

 

Let me guess, all of these uniforms are "stale" and ugly to you (I couldn't find a compilation with the Lions' current uniforms):

 

nfcnorth_happy_mkvrfwqu_uzs2kooe.jpg giants2.png

 

10287396.jpg

 

Pants stripes/jersey decorations that aren't obscured by pads = instant trash by your logic, am I right? I know that you don't care about the sport's aesthetic traditions and are more obsessed with what's "swag" and ??, but at least explain why pants stripes should fall victim to the "clean" fad that's really just a reaction to the "busy" fad of the past few years.

 

Fads fade, while aesthetic traditions manage to stick around and influence good modern design (e.g., the Dolphins' clean-up, the Vikings' uniforms, the (Las) Vegas Golden Knights in the NHL, etc.). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

I disagreed with all the hate for this....

 

USATSI_11054847.jpg

 

but I think I'm going to have to agree with (most) of the hate for this...

 

bc0xdtywtblzyx8npeha.jpg

The all white is definitely the least interesting look of their new set. I know that Khan probably prefers the black combo for at home, but jazz the set up with some teal and the white (and the rest of the set) look will be a winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

I disagreed with all the hate for this....

 

USATSI_11054847.jpg

 

but I think I'm going to have to agree with (most) of the hate for this...

 

bc0xdtywtblzyx8npeha.jpg

 

 

But what's the difference between the two? Most agreed that the white jerseys could use teal numbers. Other than that, I don't see the difference quality.

 

 

 

46 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

And by "no more" I assume you mean just this one time?  Because I'm pretty sure you wont see another uniform this plain in a redesign going forward.

 

 

Well, it's your opinion that it's "plain". And I'm pretty sure you'll see simpler designs similar to this in the future.

 

 

 

38 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

 

Let me guess, all of these uniforms are "stale" and ugly to you (I couldn't find a compilation with the Lions' current uniforms):

 

nfcnorth_happy_mkvrfwqu_uzs2kooe.jpg giants2.png

 

10287396.jpg

 

Pants stripes/jersey decorations that aren't obscured by pads = instant trash by your logic, am I right? I know that you don't care about the sport's aesthetic traditions and are more obsessed with what's "swag" and ??, but at least explain why pants stripes should fall victim to the "clean" fad that's really just a reaction to the "busy" fad of the past few years.

 

Fads fade, while aesthetic traditions manage to stick around and influence good modern design (e.g., the Dolphins' clean-up, the Vikings' uniforms, the (Las) Vegas Golden Knights in the NHL, etc.). 

 

 

Where did you get that I'm "obsessed with what's swag"? lol. And what's the "clean fad"? Clean uniforms are a bad thing now?

 

Teams that'll never stray too far from their own classic look like the Packers, Bears, Steelers, etc are obviously perfectly fine. Future uniforms that adopt these old-fashioned designs as if it was "standard" is what's dull and boring.

 

 

On 8/16/2018 at 5:34 PM, daveindc said:

 

 

Here's a better analogy:

 

Pizza-by-the-Harbour-in-Noblesville-IN_P

 

348s.jpg

 

 

When you start adding toppings just for the sake of adding toppings, you lose sight of what you're eating in the first place. 

 

On 8/16/2018 at 6:44 PM, DouglasQuaid said:

Now I want pizza and pant stripes.

 

 

Ah, but you indeed chose the pic of the pizza with only one topping to include in your post! You may have thought you wanted the usual anchovies and mushrooms, but once you take a bite of that delicious pepperoni slice you'll forget about all the other suff. Once you get used to seeing the Jaguars beautiful uniforms in action, you'll forget all about wanting stripes. Enjoy your pizza!

 

#LessIsMore #LIS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One topping, not just plain cheese (Perhaps with a little Italian spice sprinkled on the crust to make it seem like it's better than regular plain ol' cheese).. One outline, one stripe, anything.. Just one unique element to tie the identity together and avoid the practice-uniform look would've made these great.. As it stands, they're just good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.