NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

26 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Was that a day game?  I think the stadium does let some natural light in which blends in with the artificial.

It kinda looks that way because the color temperature seems to be different than most other game shots that are under either all natural or all artificial light.

It was a rare Saturday noon game. Half the roof is a mostly transparent “glass” and one end of the stadium is a glass wall. This allows a lot of natural light into the stadium and day games almost look like they are being played outside. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the reason why I am so bothered by the all white Jags set is because it's black. (this makes sense in my head, so let's see if I can explain it well here.)

because black is such a common color it doesn't stand out for the all white. Imagine if the Jags didn't have black as a primary color. Let's say for the sake of this that it was replaced by a ROYGBIV color. Replace that over the black elements in the all white it would look better. I think it's because black and white as a combo has been associated with plain in boring for us in anything we have seen in our lives that we automatically associate that with this Jags look. But let's say that the all white jerseys featured green elements. Hell, even the teal. Then the uni would pop better because it isn't the boring old black and white we have seen throughout our lives. 

So the all white isn't bad all things considered. They just chose to emphasize black so much on it that they missed the chance to really make it pop with a different color. 

Go A's!

9 hours ago, Gupti said:

*sigh* Oh well.

teal_number_leonarsd.png

I think I’d prefer if the striping on the collar and sleeve cuffs was teal instead; the black numbers themselves aren’t inherently bad (they offer maximum contrast), but when everything in the set is black & white, that’s when it tends to look a little plain. The contrasting teal striping would offer that little extra pop.

5 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Hi. No. You threw hashtags on the end of your post before anyone responded to you. 

As for who I’m going to reply to? That’s my choice, now isn’t it? So how about you stop with the hashtags like a mod asked you to? 

lol. That was clearly a small joke made for emphasis, like how some here routinely posts random gifs, videos, and pics.  Don't know why people even took that seriously other than they really disagree with the subject of my posts but can't debate it.  But I'll stop it just for you, mod.

So I took in the Titans vs Buccaneers game here in town last night--some might call it the "Ugly Bowl".

Now that I've gotten to see their road and home looks in action (and neither combo was monochrome, imagine that!), I can say that, at least from a distance...and I know this is only because I'm kinda betrothed to Nashville* now...that the look is kinda maybe starting to grow on me....but with that said...

tennessee-titans-running-back-dion-lewis

tennessee-titans-quarterback-marcus-mari

tennessee-titans-wide-receiver-taywan-ta

tampa-bay-buccaneers-quarterback-ryan-fi

636702274254934234--GW46851.JPG?width=52

- from certain angles, the overall look appears really clean. But then I see those double-gray sword yokes and whatever that's supposed to be on the pants and they just look all out of place--especially with the white pants. 

- That logo was NOT made for a dark background. And the fact that they changed the keyline on that helmet logo to gray when it appears it's still white everywhere else is really peculiar.

- Speaking of peculiar helmet decisions...1/ that helmet stripe really isn't even necessary, but even if it had to be there...why is it white/gray on the helmet when the sword yokes and whatever that's supposed to be on the pants are both double-gray? Don't get it.

- On the topic of the gray...it completely detracts from the Columbia blue accents on the uniform. That's unfortunate too...and annoyingly frustrating being that the Columbia blue is the one color the Titans are immediately identified by.

- The numbers, while still ugly as sin, read really well on TV. Guess there's something to be said for thinning out number widths some...

- This by way of my nine-year-old son, but upon seeing the Titans' new uniforms, his words: "Those are ugly. I like the older ones better...those were cooler." (Looks like I may be raising a future uni-nerd of my own!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

28 minutes ago, Buc said:

So I took in the Titans vs Buccaneers game here in town last night--some might call it the "Ugly Bowl".

Now that I've gotten to see their road and home looks in action (and neither combo was monochrome, imagine that!), I can say that, at least from a distance...and I know this is only because I'm kinda betrothed to Nashville* now...that the look is kinda maybe starting to grow on me....but with that said...

tennessee-titans-running-back-dion-lewis

tennessee-titans-wide-receiver-taywan-ta

tampa-bay-buccaneers-quarterback-ryan-fi

636702274254934234--GW46851.JPG?width=52

- from certain angles, the overall look appears really clean. But then I see those double-gray sword yokes and whatever that's supposed to be on the pants and they just look all out of place--especially with the white pants. 

- That logo was NOT made for a dark background. And the fact that they changed the keyline on that helmet logo to gray when it appears it's still white everywhere else is really peculiar.

- Speaking of peculiar helmet decisions...1/ that helmet stripe really isn't even necessary, but even if it had to be there...why is it white/gray on the helmet when the sword yokes and whatever that's supposed to be on the pants are both double-gray? Don't get it.

- On the topic of the gray...it completely detracts from the Columbia blue accents on the uniform. That's unfortunate too...and annoyingly frustrating being that the Columbia blue is the one color the Titans are immediately identified by.

- The numbers, while still ugly as sin, read really well on TV. Guess there's something to be said for thinning out number widths some...

- This by way of my nine-year-old son, but upon seeing the Titans' new uniforms, his words: "Those are ugly. I like the older ones better...those were cooler." (Looks like I may be raising a future uni-nerd of my own!)

Good roundup. I do think they look nice from a distance, but the little details up close are a little puzzling. Pull off those side panels, rework the mark for a blue background, and do a properl full pant stripe in double grey (or a grey pant with blue stripes), and it’s a really nice look, save for some tweaks to the numbers.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, Buc said:

This shot in particular makes me wish they added grey pants, and maybe even changed the numbers to grey or Columbia.

1 hour ago, Buc said:

Smart kid! Go ahead and get his CCSLC handle set up now.

2 hours ago, Placebo said:

I have done a 180 on the font. I am now a fan.

I've done a 360 on it.  I still hate it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

23 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

Lost in the hubbub of the Titans’ new look is the fact that the Buccaneers’ uniform still looks like a steaming pile of dog poop. 

Hard to believe but this will already be year 5 of the Bucs unis. Maybe..just maybe...might we see changes next year? *fingers crossed*

ClAFLDa.png

5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Sad to report the Bengals still have a white side stripe on the black jerseys and the previously shared tweet from Madden without the side panels was just a madden error. 

Dang. Thanks for confirming this. Maybe the Madden programmers just had a moment of wishful thinking.

I’m looking at the Titans uniforms and I’m having a hard time not thinking they were designed to be replaced in 2023. They will look so dated in a short time. 

Say what you will about the Jags (and I have), but you can’t accuse them of trying to chase trends. 

5 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

I’m looking at the Titans uniforms and I’m having a hard time not thinking they were designed to be replaced in 2023. They will look so dated in a short time. 

Say what you will about the Jags (and I have), but you can’t accuse them of trying to chase trends. 

Nobody can accuse them of trying to do anything.

Archived