NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

6 hours ago, Buc said:

- This by way of my nine-year-old son, but upon seeing the Titans' new uniforms, his words: "Those are ugly. I like the older ones better...those were cooler." (Looks like I may be raising a future uni-nerd of my own!)

This kid’s going places. 

XM4KeeA.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, j'villejags said:

On a side note — does Minnesota have the best stadium lighting in the NFL? Those gameday photos look sharp.

9 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Was that a day game?  I think the stadium does let some natural light in which blends in with the artificial.

It kinda looks that way because the color temperature seems to be different than most other game shots that are under either all natural or all artificial light.

It was a Saturday noon game, the Vikes look great in that lighting.  Unfortunately the jerseys tend to get a blueish hue during night games.

42 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

The pit stains are dragging the Titans uniforms down. They would be decent without them. With them, they are the worst uniforms in the league. There's just no reason for the boxy insert...

I'd have to say Tampa Bay has them slightly beat for the worst look.

17 hours ago, Gupti said:

*sigh* Oh well.

teal_number_leonarsd.png

Exactly. Otherwise, outside of the Jags' logo (and I guess the peakaboo teal sock), their road uniform could be worn by any team in any league. There's simple, and then there's bland.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, lbj273 said:

It was a Saturday noon game, the Vikes look great in that lighting.  Unfortunately the jerseys tend to get a blueish hue during night games.

Not really. I mean it gets a darker purple, but I would not call it "blueish".

10 minutes ago, Placebo said:

Not really. I mean it gets a darker purple, but I would not call it "blueish".

Not so much in pictures but on the TV broadcasts the purple jerseys end up looking a brighter bluish shade during night games.

It's only the home jerseys though, the purple pants always look the correct color day or night game

1 minute ago, lbj273 said:

Not so much in pictures but on the TV broadcasts the purple jerseys end up looking a brighter bluish shade during night games.

It's only the home jerseys though, the purple pants always look the correct color day or night game

I think it was more an issue with the previous set.

When the Titans decided to keep the thumbtack, they ruined any chance of improvement.  What they have done is change for change's sake, without changing the ONE MAJOR thing that needed changing (the helmet logo).  They've gone from one cluttered, ugly look to another.  And to think, this franchise used to wear Houston Oilers uniforms.  

2 hours ago, Placebo said:

Cleveland got new uniforms?

The font is really the only bad part for the Bucs.

IMO, its the obnoxious pewter-overkill yoke, the forced orange slashes on the shoulders (its easy to forget that orange isn't supposed to work in that color scheme at all except for in a very subtle cameo in the old stripes), the modern-style matte pewter pants (as opposed to the shiny pewter fabric of yesteryear which matched the helmet better) that they occasionally decide to wear pewter socks with, and the gaudy helmet featuring both an over-sized logo and chrome facemask that drag these badboys to the bottom of the bottom before the hideous alarm clock "sword slash" numbers with a bizarre triple-stripe treatment even have a chance to grate my eyes.

Agreed with the above.

The Bucs still have the worst uniform in the NFL. Especially considering what the once had..

a_bucsd_ht.jpg

(Still pains me every time I see these beauties and realize what they are now).

Browns are close, but I’d wager that the Titans have overtaken them for 2nd worst in the league. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

9 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Exactly. Otherwise, outside of the Jags' logo (and I guess the peakaboo teal sock), their road uniform could be worn by any team in any league. There's simple, and then there's bland.

Teal pants could salvage it- at least on field. If I’m a parking lot jersey seller I’m super excited right now because I can legally sell unlicensed Jaguars style jerseys. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

41 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Teal pants could salvage it- at least on field. If I’m a parking lot jersey seller I’m super excited right now because I can legally sell unlicensed Jaguars style jerseys. 

Would those parking lot guys be in the same union as the ones for the Giants and the 49ers?  Because both those jerseys have even less going on than the Jags.

14 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Lost in the hubbub of the Titans’ new look is the fact that the Buccaneers’ uniform still looks like a steaming pile of dog poop. 

If the Bucs just fixed their numbers, and changed their shoulder yoke from olive drab to more of a true pewter, their uniforms wouldn't be half bad.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

The Titans look mostly fine. I agree that the emphasis on navy rather than Columbia was a mistake, and their new look is a lateral at best move. They look fine though, not bad. It's like the Cavs IMO, they did something modern that is aesthetically middle of the road and modern, but not necessarily the right brand for the team.

The Bucs have the most underrated look in football. Change the numbers and maybe lose the sleeve logos, otherwise it's good. Pewter was ugly and their old jerseys did nothing for me, the love they get/the hate the current set gets is way over the top, but people are allowed to feel how they feel.

If the Jags just put their current helmet on their last set they'd look much better too. Right now they look generic. With the teal they can survive, but the all black/white look is garbage. Simple works when you let your colors carry you. When you ignore your color scheme in favor of... nothing... you just look dull.

25 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

The Titans look mostly fine. I agree that the emphasis on navy rather than Columbia was a mistake, and their new look is a lateral at best move. They look fine though, not bad. It's like the Cavs IMO, they did something modern that is aesthetically middle of the road and modern, but not necessarily the right brand for the team.

The Bucs have the most underrated look in football. Change the numbers and maybe lose the sleeve logos, otherwise it's good. Pewter was ugly and their old jerseys did nothing for me, the love they get/the hate the current set gets is way over the top, but people are allowed to feel how they feel.

If the Jags just put their current helmet on their last set they'd look much better too. Right now they look generic. With the teal they can survive, but the all black/white look is garbage. Simple works when you let your colors carry you. When you ignore your color scheme in favor of... nothing... you just look dull.

Could somebody mock that up on Madden? Curious to see how it would look.

9 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Could somebody mock that up on Madden? Curious to see how it would look.

Likely exactly the same, but without the gold. With the expense of sounding like an ass... I'm not sure how that's such a hard thing to imagine.

Archived