NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The use of the riddell blaze helmet from a few months ago would look good imo

61qVZ3k6VwL._SX425_.jpg

the two changes I'd make is maybe a black facemask and a different stripe.

yep, I had hoped the Titans would have gone with similar blue for their helmet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I don't argue this point, but I'm compelled to say 'what about the Steelers' roads?'.

Also the Florida Gators' home uniform or the Denver Broncos' home uniform, both of which are good:

usa_today_10352714.0.jpg 1019098900-850x560.jpeg&c=sc&w=590&h=389

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

10 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Don’t get me wrong, they don’t like ok great...my opinion is always that the helmet should always match either the jersey or the pants for good balance.

I think this is generally a good rule of thumb, but of course there are exceptions to any rule such as this:

2012_09_browns_bills_preview.jpg

or this:

Uniforms-Main-Texans-red-jersey-Getty.as

IMO

My own personal rule is that the helmet always should either be the same color or darker than the pants and it usually works as far as balance/color blocking is concerned, design nonwithstanding.

One uniform that I personally think breaks that rule is this one:

usa_today_9768031.0.jpg

(ignoring the partial, non-matching pants stripe), but the color blocking works for me.

The Panthers silver/blue/black combo doesn't work, IMO, too bottom-heavy with the black pants

3 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

I think this is generally a good rule of thumb, but of course there are exceptions to any rule such as this:

2012_09_browns_bills_preview.jpg

or this:

Uniforms-Main-Texans-red-jersey-Getty.as

IMO

My own personal rule is that the helmet always should either be the same color or darker than the pants and it usually works as far as balance/color blocking is concerned, design nonwithstanding.

Funny I've never heard anyone else say this outloud, but that's my personal rule too. Helmets should either match OR be darker than the pants. Pants that are darker than the helmet make the players look like a bunch of bowies floating in the ocean. 

Couple of thoughts from my first time watching the '18 Titans live;

1.) Those two toned shoulders are bad. Keep it one color (should be columbia blue) and it would've been acceptable. The two colors just looks stupid. 

2.) Still don't like the number font, but it's not Tampa Bay Buccaneer bad.

3.) The pants stripe is my favorite part of the redesign. It's a unique element that actually looks good on a modern uniform.

4.) That logo does NOT belong on a dark background. It looks best with a background of columbia blue or white. That's why the helmet doesn't work for me.

5.) Don't think I'll ever understand the half stripe pit stains.

22 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I have no problem with the "three different colors" issue, as long as one of the colors is white.

a%20thing_zpsymmoxyko.png

But when all three are different and none are white?  Disaster...

0ap3000000607188.jpg

i think its just about creating a nice palette. i like the Panthers set and any combination of the above teams would work well because (using the Broncos for example) orange, blue, and white will pretty much never steer you wrong. the Ravens' purple/black/gold mix there just isnt going to work no matter how you organize those colors on the primary pieces (helmet, jersey, pants, socks). 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived