NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

The Jags have a real Jekyll and Hyde thing going on with the teal. They know fans like the teal. They had MFing teal hamburger buns last year at the stadium. Yet, their two primary uniforms have hardly any teal colors at all.

They didn’t feature any noticeable teal on their aways throughly the 2000s either. Weaver even distinctly mentioned when it came to the 2009 set that they wanted to “keep teal in Jacksonville.” Weird.

31_FF4327_8_C0_E_4_D6_B_A6_C3_4_CEEC73_F

4_E56_D71_F_AA63_44_CE_9_ABE_A279_DB3364

They really haven’t had a good away uniform since the 90s. Probably the only thing I’ll miss about the 2013 redesign was seeing more teal on the road. Teal road numbers should never not be a Jaguars thing.

I think the pants would be better with gold replacing the white stripe (and possibly swapping the black and gold stripes) to better match the jersey numbers.

But stripes on Ravens pants! You had me at stripes.

Ravens purple pants are completely unbalanced with the rest of the set. With very few exceptions* (the Steelers being perhaps the only one that comes to mind immediately), when it comes to the white away jerseys, having the helmet, jersey, and pants all being different colors usually doesn't work for me and this is just another case of that*. If the helmets were purple, that would be a different story. But the problem with the black pants, other than not having stripes (all stripe-less pants are terrible but that's a different discussion), the problem with them is having the socks blend in with them. That's not the fault of the pants, that's the fault of the socks.

Ravens away set should be simple:

Primary away -> white jersey/white pants/black socks

Alternate away -> white jersey/black pants/white socks 

That they pair black socks with the black pants regardless is unfortunate. 

*When it comes to home jerseys, this doesn't seem to bother me as much. Take the Ravens for instance - if they wore black pants as their primary with the purple jerseys, it wouldn't look as good because their purple is a dark shade. If they wore a brighter shade, maybe, but even then I'm not feeling it. The Bengals have always worn orange/black/white at home as well and, when it comes to the pattern, if not the actual design, I've always liked it as well (though, in their case, I think orange pants would be a fascinating look). With white jerseys, I dunno, maybe it's because there's a more jarring contrast design, I can't be sure, but I'm just not as big on those.

spacer.png

These look really nice, though I think they might be better if the striping was white-black-white. I'd really like to see these paired with the black jerseys.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived