NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

1 hour ago, hormone said:

You know who else worked hard? The guy from the chiefs who became a doctor. He got MD denied on his nameplate and I think becoming a doctor is a lot harder than becoming a father and naming your kid the same name. Lol. I’m just in the camp that the suffix is unnecessary clutter and my uniform ocd kicks in seeing the surname appear off center 

Imagine if Alan Page got ESQ on his jersey after graduating law school while in the NFL. Or if the Vikings made a jersey celebrating his Justiceship it being The Hon. Page J. on the back

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Imagine if Alan Page got ESQ on his jersey after graduating law school while in the NFL. Or if the Vikings made a jersey celebrating his Justiceship it being The Hon. Page J. on the back

I think that makes the player and league look even better to celebrate players with advanced degrees.

13 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Rams end zones look different too.  Can’t find pics, but it’s a thin font.

Yeah I noticed that during the game as well was just finaly able to find a tweet that shows it well. I defentaly prefer the font they had before. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

As as long as they’re within the confines of the uniform design, using their actual name/credentials and the proper color and typeface, it seems like a silly thing to get annoyed about. If someone “doesn’t give a F if you have a kid with the same name as yours,” then they likely see you more as a football-playing entertainment cyborg than a human being and probably don’t care what your last name is in the first place.

Do they use the "Sr." in any other context?  Is "Sr." really used anywhere?  It's usually the OG, and the Jr., not the Sr. and Jr. (unless playing together like the Griffeys).  Thos suffixes are to distinguish yourself from other people with the same name, and IMO shouldn't be necessary unless there's any chance of confusion.  THis isn't the king's court, where we have King Robert of house Griffin, third of his name.  I can sorta understand Jr., but Sr. doesn't ever need a special callout.

Their kids names are irrelevant to what's going on the field.  There's plenty of time for them to talk about their kids.  Letting me know that you're a daddy by putting Sr. on your jersey is just silly.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

@AstroBull21@masterchaoss

I actually liked the font.  Maybe it's not a sterotypical "agressive, sports-team" looking font, but I thought it sort of goes well with the blue and white simplified identity it seems they may be going for.  It's visible in this video: https://wwwyoutube.com/watch?v=3dEl38-kOKk (add the dot as it doesn't like to be embedded)

this is the hill I want to die on.  It's godsdamned sports.  Drop the formalities.  You're just Smith.  You're not Dr. Smith.  YOu're not Smith ESQ.  You're not Smith VIII.  You're Smith QB.  Or Smith RB.  Sports uniforms are to identify the team, and then the player on said team.  That ends when a number and "Smith" is placed on a red shirt.  Come at me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

this is the hill I want to die on.  It's godsdamned sports.  Drop the formalities.  You're just Smith.  You're not Dr. Smith.  YOu're not Smith ESQ.  You're not Smith VIII.  You're Smith QB.  Or Smith RB.  Sports uniforms are to identify the team, and then the player on said team.  That ends when a number and "Smith" is placed on a red shirt.

To us it is entertainment, to them it is their means to live, to change their circumstances, their families circumstances, and represent their community.

You think Oakland doesn't see more than just "Lynch" on the back of that jersey? 

Weird hill to wanna die on.

8 minutes ago, Placebo said:

A guy who clearly loves, appreciates, and gives back to his community.

A guy who came from there and plays for them, and knows what the team means to people.

That's a lot to put on the back of a jersey.  "Lynch" and a number is good enough.

10 minutes ago, Placebo said:

Sounds like even that gets in the way of your uniform watching. 

Humor me - what would you put on the back of his jersey?

I see both sides for sure. The "sr." is kinda stupid and meaningless, but the NFL isn't the pure competition we want to think it is, it's just entertainment in the end. It helps the athletes aka the characters express themselves and creates discussion such as this. 

29 minutes ago, tjs11 said:

I see both sides for sure. The "sr." is kinda stupid and meaningless, but the NFL isn't the pure competition we want to think it is, it's just entertainment in the end. It helps the athletes aka the characters express themselves and creates discussion such as this. 

I've said for a while that while it's not scripted, it's not 100% "pure", and that it needs to be more like WWE, so I'm cool with having "QB KILLAH" or "DA SODOMIZER" as a NOB, but I draw the line at "Sr."

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I've said for a while that while it's not scripted, it's not 100% "pure", and that it needs to be more like WWE, so I'm cool with having "QB KILLAH" or "DA SODOMIZER" as a NOB, but I draw the line at "Sr."

hahaha yeah agreed, its not scripted, but its a show. and what isn't a show in this day and age? maybe they need to embrace that and allow "da sodomizer" but "sr." is just towing the line

16 minutes ago, tjs11 said:

hahaha yeah agreed, its not scripted, but its a show. and what isn't a show in this day and age? maybe they need to embrace that and allow "da sodomizer" but "sr." is just towing the line

The news is the last pure form of non-fiction television we have left. 

Archived