NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/17/2018 at 8:52 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

these uniforms are terrible.  And look even worse on TV.  Overall I think they look worse on the field than they did during the unveiling.  Easily a bottom 5 uniform set for me.

texans-titans-football-2270067125039bc6.jpg

Those pit stains... ick. Completely mismatched from the rest of the set. It’s like somebody late in the design phase realized they forgot to add light blue and just decided to stick it there. 

The Titans and Jags both missed very badly on their redesigns, albeit in completely different ways. 

On 9/16/2018 at 6:01 PM, Placebo said:

I liked the first half of this post, but not the thought behind the quoted

You made the NFL, you deserve your last name on it. It is more than just ego for these guys. They represent their families, friends, schools, coaches, neighborhoods, cities, states, provinces, and even countries.

I consider them essential.

Yeah, those guys who button up their Yankees jersey or slide on their USC jersey for the first time must feel so disrespected. ☺️

On 9/16/2018 at 6:47 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Do they use the "Sr." in any other context?  Is "Sr." really used anywhere?  It's usually the OG, and the Jr., not the Sr. and Jr. (unless playing together like the Griffeys).  Thos suffixes are to distinguish yourself from other people with the same name, and IMO shouldn't be necessary unless there's any chance of confusion.  THis isn't the king's court, where we have King Robert of house Griffin, third of his name.  I can sorta understand Jr., but Sr. doesn't ever need a special callout.

Their kids names are irrelevant to what's going on the field.  There's plenty of time for them to talk about their kids.  Letting me know that you're a daddy by putting Sr. on your jersey is just silly.

It’s so that when the kid grows up and wears his dad’s jersey, his friends know that it’s his dad’s jersey and not just a custom order from nflshop.com

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

hwl?set=sku%5B21017026%5D,c%5B3%5D,w%5B1

If you're doing a series where you isolate logo elements, I think it could turn out really well if you had a big, bold red stripe with the white doodad on the front on a blue background. Instead, they just awkwardly cut off the poor guy's back legs.

On 9/17/2018 at 11:04 AM, LMU said:

My wife and I watched the game and we both thought that the font has an art deco feel to it, which is odd since they didn't make it out here until 1946.

I see a new word~mark!

As for the caps, I would say the navy one for the Texans is the better design for my team. Though factoring in my growing hatred of navy as a primary color. I'll pass. 

1 hour ago, Placebo said:

They don't get a choice and it is stupid. 

Remind me why they deserve a choice?  Conceptually it's the same as wearing a navy suit to work.  I guess a CEO could put his name really big on the back of his suit, but it's more dignified to maintain a professional appearance.  In sports, it's certainly not unprofessional to sport a NOB, but other than "because we're used to it", it's completely unnecessary and when worn, is for identification purposes only.  If the league's stated policy is to have fun, and that players can be "identified" by names other than their own (He Hate Me for example), then cool - I kinda wish all leagues were like that - but they're not, and they don't need to be.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I noticed this season that on the Raiders sideline they've been wearing something similar to what was popularized by N.W.A. which is pretty cool. I didn't even know teams could wear the non-official sideline hats but I guess if it's New Era then they're free to wear it?

ff_2539474alt1_full.jpg&w=600

nwa.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=720&h=480

bSLCtu2.png

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I noticed this season that on the Raiders sideline they've been wearing something similar to what was popularized by N.W.A. which is pretty cool. I didn't even know teams could wear the non-official sideline hats but I guess if it's New Era then they're free to wear it?

ff_2539474alt1_full.jpg&w=600

nwa.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=720&h=480

New Era actually has one with a similar Sports Specialties script available

oakland-raiders-script-new-era-9fifty-sn

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

5 hours ago, kimball said:

Can we talk about this elements hat from the Falcons?

?context=bWFzdGVyfHJvb3R8MjM4OTQ0fGltYWd

Um, I think they did it wrong?

They inadvertently teased a better version of their logo in the process of removing the silver trim (is that even a team color anymore). Take the red out and you’ve got a great update to their old logo.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Yeah, I've long found the Falcons' use of silver weird...in the 90s, it was silver pants and nowhere else...now it's the logo and nowhere else.  It's like they're not sure they want to have silver in their scheme.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Man, I thought the color rush 18 hats were bad with a single color logo on the same color hat with a random colored side panel and then NE pulls a big hold my beer moment. I mean, here’s a buffalo with no legs and a tiger with no cheeks or this floating horse hair or a face mask just hanging out. There’s like 2 that look ok in the whole set. On a side note, does anyone know why you get one color choice in fitted, but always a few color choices in adjustable?

KISSwall09.jpg

9 hours ago, hormone said:

On a side note, does anyone know why you get one color choice in fitted, but always a few color choices in adjustable?

Presumably because adjustables are a bit easier to mass produce?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived