NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

The Brown is too dark, the orange is too red (especially in graphics), but for a one nighter this was a solid look. Contrasting with their current bad set makes it look even better. But what rocks about these jerseys (other than the orange numbers looking surprisingly good), is that it reminds people of how good the team used to look.

Anyway... WE :censored:IN WON!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Last night's uniforms were better than their standard set (low bar), but the jersey and pants still need some white.  

Which is funny because they still looked like little turds playing out there. I hate the mono-brown look, but this is much, much better than their standard set.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Screw the NFL rules, pull a '94(?) 49ers and wear these at home for the rest of the season and pay the fines. Huge improvement over their current set. 

Well, they do have the cap space ... soooooo

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

10 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

It is brown.

It's probably the darkest brown I've seen then. I wonder if its the #321C00 that's on Trucolor.net

EDIT:

looks like it is. I guess having no white highlights really make the color as dark as it is. I mean, I really dig the look.

15 minutes ago, Pengin. said:

It's probably the darkest brown I've seen then. I wonder if its the #321C00 that's on Trucolor.net

EDIT:

looks like it is. I guess having no white highlights really make the color as dark as it is. I mean, I really dig the look.

It is a very dark brown...a couple of comments on here said it looked even darker on TV...so you're right, a different shade would be better.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Wasn't/isn't there some kind of "rule" that exists out there pretty much requiring the Browns', well, brown to be as dark as it is so as not to blend with the color of the ball? I'm almost positive I remember reading that somewhere.

Either way, I'm getting a definite Syracuse vibe from these. (And how I've never seen this set until today escapes me.) Perhaps we may be getting something of a preview of the 2020 Browns set...? (Of course without the FFFS opposing-corner Swooshtastic jersey numbers...for now.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

22 hours ago, nash61 said:

Speaking of the Browns, from the waist up, these uniforms are GORGEOUS

f0e5cb9dc7d3481b88703b4ed9b18861.jpg

These are surprisingly good. You could argue the helmet stripe should've been brown-orange-brown, but still good. I like these.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

12 hours ago, CS85 said:

That's not even remotely close to brown.  That's like a faint reminder of brown.

The other issue is that they're still using the obnoxiously dark shade of orange, and obviously the lack of white everywhere but the helmet is terrible.  There's nothing really to critique beyond "they're better than the terrible trash Nike made."

I'd be interested in seeing these paired with white/orange pants this season, however.

They’re clearly brown to everyone but you I guess 

I agree with the majority of posters here. The brown is too dark.

Another comment I have about the Browns current look in general is that my opinion on the bright orange has changed. When it was first introduced, it was one of my favorite aspects of the new look (that is not saying much). Now, I don't like it at all. As much as I love a vibrant orange color, the bright orange does not work with the brown. I think it takes away from the brown. That orange would work with black. The old orange just worked better with the brown. It reminds me of autumn.

Perhaps the only good thing to come from the color rush program is the wide-spread use of colored numbers. For many of the jerseys, if the stand alone, the dark numbers make the look. This Browns' get-up, though I still think they should go with their classic uniforms for the most part, is no exception. 

14 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I think you're missing his point.  He's saying the current shade of brown is so dark it might as well as be black.  And I agree... the need to lighten up that brown, and go back to the previous orange, too.

7da23263881fa160742901bb0964fce4.jpg

Hey Browns organization, notice how white numbers "pop off" brown jerseys.  Not orange.  Much easier to read from a distance, which isn't that the purpose of numbers on jerseys in the first place, to be able to identify players easier ??????

6 hours ago, JH360 said:

The new Brown isn't really that dark. Its lighter than the previous Brown. How it looked the other night was mostly the lighting. 

But it was the lighting in their home stadium... that's a problem.

Archived