NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/20/2018 at 5:29 PM, Ice_Cap said:

That’s better, but it’s still worse than the straight throwbacks. 

I think LAC and Miami have opposite problems: Miami’s color palette is too washed out, and LAC’s is not “washed out”/“sunbleached”/“pastel” enough. Their powder blue is similar to the Titans Columbia blue, and knowing Nike, it’s probably the exact same color. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

20 hours ago, Chawls said:

I think LAC and Miami have opposite problems: Miami’s color palette is too washed out, and LAC’s is not “washed out”/“sunbleached”/“pastel” enough. Their powder blue is similar to the Titans Columbia blue, and knowing Nike, it’s probably the exact same color. 

Going by history, the Chargers’ collegiate blue should be a bit darker than the Titans’ Columbia blue.

1966+Chargers+Ron+Mix.jpg

JT118-San-Diego-Chargers-vs-Houston-Oile

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

35 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

IIRC, the Chargers called theirs "Pacific Blue".  But that's a good example of why such names are meaningless.

I'm also wary of trusting old photographs when evaluating specific shades.  Too many factors can influence how the colors appear.

I’m going by the artifacts I’ve seen at the Hall of Fame. I just don’t have photos. Pacific blue was the original color. Collegiate blue followed it and it was a bit lighter and brighter, but still not like the Oilers’ color.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 11/28/2018 at 10:21 AM, Gothamite said:

That makes sense too. 

As much as I love the sky blue, I would really like to see the Chargers back in their original Pacific Blue.  An interesting and unique color. 

I'm wondering if it's similar to UCLA's original blue..

Or maybe the proximity and possibly a manufacturer change caused the switch from "Pacific Blue" to (possibly UCLA's)"Collegiate Blue"..

On 11/29/2018 at 7:21 PM, WavePunter said:

I'm wondering if it's similar to UCLA's original blue..

Or maybe the proximity and possibly a manufacturer change caused the switch from "Pacific Blue" to (possibly UCLA's)"Collegiate Blue"..

UCLA’s football blue was always very light, more like Carolina or Columbia blue, until maybe the late 1990s. Since then, it’s been darker and more vibrant, pretty close the color the Chargers wear now.

I’m not sure why the Chargers switched from the darker Pacific blue color, but it happened the same year they switched to yellow pants, so it likely was either a conscious design decision or a manufacturer change.

8 hours ago, duxrcool048 said:

Has anyone heard about this? I saw this a few weeks ago. The Bears are reportedly working on a new alt. uniform for next season, for their 100th season, as well as the NFL's 100th season.

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Bears-special-uniform-2019-124766667/

yes, if its the 1936 uniform 'ill be the first to buy a jersey.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

48 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

I don’t think they do... Dolphins like their current branding/uniforms. 

Yeah, and the just double downed on the look this year, knowing that it means 5-more seasons (at least I think the color tweak counts as a new look) so it ain’t happening. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

50 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

I don’t think they do... Dolphins like their current branding/uniforms. 

Yeah I dont think they will, but I thought we had heard recently theyre working on a white version for next season.

Maybe Dolphins white throwback will be their "color rush" ala the Niners white fauxbacks of 2018.

22 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Yeah I dont think they will, but I thought we had heard recently theyre working on a white version for next season.

Maybe Dolphins white throwback will be their "color rush" ala the Niners white fauxbacks of 2018.

It is semi-confirmed that they are trying to have both of them for next year.

See...

da0Lbhs.png

Archived