Recommended Posts

Creamsicle and pewter with Nike at the wheel? What could go wrong lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2018 at 5:29 PM, Ice_Cap said:

That’s better, but it’s still worse than the straight throwbacks. 

 

 I think LAC and Miami have opposite problems: Miami’s color palette is too washed out, and LAC’s is not “washed out”/“sunbleached”/“pastel” enough. Their powder blue is similar to the Titans Columbia blue, and knowing Nike, it’s probably the exact same color. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Chawls said:

 

 I think LAC and Miami have opposite problems: Miami’s color palette is too washed out, and LAC’s is not “washed out”/“sunbleached”/“pastel” enough. Their powder blue is similar to the Titans Columbia blue, and knowing Nike, it’s probably the exact same color. 

 

Going by history, the Chargers’ collegiate blue should be a bit darker than the Titans’ Columbia blue.

 

1966+Chargers+Ron+Mix.jpg

 

JT118-San-Diego-Chargers-vs-Houston-Oile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC, the Chargers called theirs "Pacific Blue".  But that's a good example of why such names are meaningless.

 

I'm also wary of trusting old photographs when evaluating specific shades.  Too many factors can influence how the colors appear.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

IIRC, the Chargers called theirs "Pacific Blue".  But that's a good example of why such names are meaningless.

 

I'm also wary of trusting old photographs when evaluating specific shades.  Too many factors can influence how the colors appear.

 

 

 

I’m going by the artifacts I’ve seen at the Hall of Fame. I just don’t have photos. Pacific blue was the original color. Collegiate blue followed it and it was a bit lighter and brighter, but still not like the Oilers’ color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That makes sense too. 

 

As much as I love the sky blue, I would really like to see the Chargers back in their original Pacific Blue.  An interesting and unique color. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2018 at 11:16 AM, Claystation360 said:

Creamsicle and pewter with Nike at the wheel? What could go wrong lol.

 

s874756603483838146_p9_i9_w584.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 10:21 AM, Gothamite said:

That makes sense too. 

 

As much as I love the sky blue, I would really like to see the Chargers back in their original Pacific Blue.  An interesting and unique color. 

I'm wondering if it's similar to UCLA's original blue..

Or maybe the proximity and possibly a manufacturer change caused the switch from "Pacific Blue" to (possibly UCLA's)"Collegiate Blue"..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 7:21 PM, WavePunter said:

I'm wondering if it's similar to UCLA's original blue..

Or maybe the proximity and possibly a manufacturer change caused the switch from "Pacific Blue" to (possibly UCLA's)"Collegiate Blue"..

 

 

UCLA’s football blue was always very light, more like Carolina or Columbia blue, until maybe the late 1990s. Since then, it’s been darker and more vibrant, pretty close the color the Chargers wear now.

 

I’m not sure why the Chargers switched from the darker Pacific blue color, but it happened the same year they switched to yellow pants, so it likely was either a conscious design decision or a manufacturer change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, duxrcool048 said:

Has anyone heard about this? I saw this a few weeks ago. The Bears are reportedly working on a new alt. uniform for next season, for their 100th season, as well as the NFL's 100th season.

 

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Bears-special-uniform-2019-124766667/

 

yes, if its the 1936 uniform 'ill be the first to buy a jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd really appreciate the Ravens' purple pants more if they had thin gold stripes right in between where the white stripe meets the black stripe. That way, the gold on the helmet & jerseys have a matching element with the pants. The pattern should be B/G/W/G/B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

I don’t think they do... Dolphins like their current branding/uniforms. 

 

Yeah, and the just double downed on the look this year, knowing that it means 5-more seasons (at least I think the color tweak counts as a new look) so it ain’t happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

I don’t think they do... Dolphins like their current branding/uniforms. 

Yeah I dont think they will, but I thought we had heard recently theyre working on a white version for next season.

 

Maybe Dolphins white throwback will be their "color rush" ala the Niners white fauxbacks of 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

I don’t think they do... Dolphins like their current branding/uniforms. 

Yes, and someday 30 years from now, we can look back upon the golden days of yore and the Ryan Tannehill era of Dolphins uniforms...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Yeah I dont think they will, but I thought we had heard recently theyre working on a white version for next season.

 

Maybe Dolphins white throwback will be their "color rush" ala the Niners white fauxbacks of 2018.

It is semi-confirmed that they are trying to have both of them for next year.

See...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.