NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

12 hours ago, DeFrank said:

I agree! I don't mind gold pants for a primetime home game once or twice a year, but I agree. Bring back the 80s and 90s. 

oct-1997-darrell-green-of-the-washington

Yuck! This Skins fan always hated that combo. Something about seeing the Skins in white pants always felt wrong to me (the run they made in white on white made the 2005 playoff season bittersweet for me). The gold pants were an improvement IMO despite having a different stripe pattern. Give me the gold pants with these solid burgundy socks for home games and call it a day.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Gr3g3 said:

https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/978765776667709441

More confirmation the Browns are changing in 2020, but what's interesting here is that Haslam has stated the equipment guys have had mechanical difficulties with the current uniform. Wonder what that could be.

How must Nike feel that almost every uniform they've designed have been discarded almost as soon as its possible to change. Dolphins. Jaguars. Browns. I hope they recognize their designers in recent years have done a crap job with these redesigns and temper some of their extreme ideas for future redesigns. 

The only Nike designs that look halfway decent are the Vikings and Seahawks.

The Jags and Buccs have been abominations. Its hard to get worse than those. And they destroyed classic looks from the Browns (and some would argue the Dolphins, although their 90s Mickey Mouse logo had to go)

10 hours ago, Skape7 said:

How must Nike feel that almost every uniform they've designed have been discarded almost as soon as its possible to change. Dolphins. Jaguars. Browns. I hope they recognize their designers in recent years have done a crap job with these redesigns and temper some of their extreme ideas for future redesigns.

You might want to look up the concept of “planned obsolescence.”

Do you really think they see the constant series of redesigns as a bad thing?

39 minutes ago, Skape7 said:

The only Nike designs that look halfway decent are the Vikings and Seahawks.

The Jags and Buccs have been abominations. Its hard to get worse than those. And they destroyed classic looks from the Browns (and some would argue the Dolphins, although their 90s Mickey Mouse logo had to go)

100% subjective.  Take the awful helmet out of the Jags' set and the awful number font out of the Buccaneers' set and both are enormous upgrades over their previous uniforms.  The Dolphins' look is a giant leap forward from their 70's/80's now-throwback look, despite all of the hate that they get here from uniform traditionalists and yes, many fans.  The Vikings's change put them in the upper part of the league in terms of best uniforms, and the Seahawks' look is still excellent and the best in their franchise's history.  Okay, the Browns were abysmal.

Guess what?  My opinion is 100% subjective, too.  Making definitive statements like you did here makes me think of your opinion even less.

It's also hilarious anytime anyone blames Nike.  Nike is the most recognizable brand in the world.  They've set every successful uniform trend across sports, specifically football, over the past 15 years.  They do have an idea of what they're doing.  They're not just a bunch of guys.  They're immensely talented and successful.

It's also hilarious that people are so quick to blame them for bad uniform elements.  Shad Khan said so himself recently that he pushed for the design of the last set.  The Browns also share reqret; we don't know if they pushed anything in particular, but they could have, especially knowing Haslam.  Maybe Jimmy wanted CLEVELAND across the chest and down the pant leg and maybe Shad wanted the 2-tone helmet; but hey, let's sit behind a keyboard and blame Nike.

7 hours ago, Volt said:

They've set every successful uniform trend across sports, specifically football, over the past 15 years.

That is one hell of an overstatement right there.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

9 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Yuck! This Skins fan always hated that combo. Something about seeing the Skins in white pants always felt wrong to me (the run they made in white on white made the 2005 playoff season bittersweet for me). The gold pants were an improvement IMO despite having a different stripe pattern. Give me the gold pants with these solid burgundy socks for home games and call it a day.

I totally agree!! I HATED the whit pants on the Redskins.

9 hours ago, Skape7 said:

How must Nike feel that almost every uniform they've designed have been discarded almost as soon as its possible to change. Dolphins. Jaguars. Browns.

Nike is still making their uniforms so your point doesn't make any sense.

bSLCtu2.png

8 hours ago, Volt said:

100% subjective.  Take the awful helmet out of the Jags' set and the awful number font out of the Buccaneers' set and both are enormous upgrades over their previous uniforms.  The Dolphins' look is a giant leap forward from their 70's/80's now-throwback look, despite all of the hate that they get here from uniform traditionalists and yes, many fans.  The Vikings's change put them in the upper part of the league in terms of best uniforms, and the Seahawks' look is still excellent and the best in their franchise's history.  Okay, the Browns were abysmal.

You sure do love hyperbole.

8 hours ago, Volt said:

It's also hilarious anytime anyone blames Nike.  Nike is the most recognizable brand in the world.  They've set every successful uniform trend across sports, specifically football, over the past 15 years.  They do have an idea of what they're doing.  They're not just a bunch of guys.  They're immensely talented and successful.

I'm beginning to think that you are the actual color Volt that has gained sentience.

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Skape7 said:

How must Nike feel that almost every uniform they've designed have been discarded almost as soon as its possible to change. Dolphins. Jaguars. Browns.

Why haven't the Bucs, Vikings, and Seahawks changed? 3/6 (that are eligible) doesn't seem like "almost every one". Throw in the Lions who probably won't change either. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Why haven't the Bucs, Vikings, and Seahawks changed? 3/6 (that are eligible) doesn't seem like "almost every one". Throw in the Lions who probably won't change either

That's a bold statement, Cotton. Especially considering they've changed as frequently as they have over the last 20 years. 4 iterations of their uniforms? Tweaks, granted, but you would stand out wearing any one of them on the field along with the others.

It's where I sit.

28 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

That's a bold statement, Cotton. Especially considering they've changed as frequently as they have over the last 20 years. 4 iterations of their uniforms? Tweaks, granted, but you would stand out wearing any one of them on the field along with the others.

That's a fair point. Assuming they'll stick with what they have is just a guess, though it's a pretty good looking uniform.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Orange is the new Bears. <a href="https://t.co/8jRyUFMu6s">pic.twitter.com/8jRyUFMu6s</a></p>— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/979148669084688386?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 29, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/979148669084688386

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

24 minutes ago, Gupti said:

The closing shot of Jordan Howard and their new profile pic basically confirms that it’s the old orange alt and not a throwback.

That's a pretty big assumption. They recycled photos of their old orange jerseys and added a translucent orange filter over an in game action photo.

15 minutes ago, guest23 said:

That's a pretty big assumption. They recycled photos of their old orange jerseys and added a translucent orange filter over an in game action photo.

I mean, yeah, but the filter basically made it look exactly like he was wearing one of the old orange alts, and if that wasn’t meant to show what current player Jordan Howard is gonna look like this season, then I don’t know what the point of it is. Plus, they changed their pfp to exactly the striping pattern from the old alts (blue stripes with white outlines, as opposed to plain blue stripes on the throwbacks). I don’t know what else you could want.

yeah and ownership said the orange jerseys are coming back.  Its possible he meant orange as a color is coming back but i don't see them going with new striping and number fonts... there's not a ton of new ways you can make the Bears orange jersey other than how they already have.  Maybe a new pant to go with it?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Why haven't the Bucs, Vikings, and Seahawks changed? 3/6 (that are eligible) doesn't seem like "almost every one". Throw in the Lions who probably won't change either. 

Dolphins don't seem to be discarding their look.. Adjusting the shade of orange a bit, and possibly thinning out the blue outlines a tad is hardly an overhaul..

As BrandMooreArt said, most people probably wouldn't even notice

3 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Dolphins don't seem to be discarding their look.. Adjusting the shade of orange a bit, and possibly thinning out the blue outlines a tad is hardly an overhaul..

As BrandMooreArt said, most people probably wouldn't even notice

Dude I'm going to be blindsided if they adjust any color in their uniform. :D

15 hours ago, Gothamite said:

You might want to look up the concept of “planned obsolescence.”

Do you really think they see the constant series of redesigns as a bad thing?

yea, i cant say for sure thats the case, but ive always felt the Nike unis were built to have a 5 year lifespan too. thats not 100% on them though, i think the teams saw what happened in CFB and wanted a peice of the action. theres a saying “you get hired for the work you do”. the teams wanted something new, the Oregon look, and got it

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived