NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

5 hours ago, jn8 said:

I wore revolutions in jr high and revo speeds for my first three years of high school and i’d say they were about the same level of comfort. the big difference was my senior year when we got new speed flex helmets. it honestly felt like a pillow on my head. no idea why a superstition would go above safety and comfort

Because professional athletes who do this for a living and have access to a ton of information about these things might have a different set of experiences and opinions than a high school kid?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jc... said:

And pulling your hair out taking it off. :lol:

I played high school ball in Wisconsin. The real problem with the old 'U' shaped chin pads was that would be rock solid in the cold.  you'd have to put your helmet on in pre-game and not take it off

18 hours ago, Cosmic said:

This is the item description for an "authentic" Dolphins VSR4 that Riddell is selling. (Emphasis is mine)

"The ultimate football helmet collectible! The on-field helmet worn by players for over 25 years and still going strong. Polycarbonate size large shell, steel, polyvinyl coated Z2B (running back / quarterback) facemask. 4-pt. chinstrap. Official team colors and decals. The autograph helmet of choice for over 15 years. Not to be used for play. Approx. 10" tall.Item # 8004724"

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL!! THE SAME THING YOUR FAVORITE PLAYERS WEAR!!! btw, you totally can't use this for actually playing football. :lol:

http://www.riddell.com/miami-dolphins-vsr4-authentic-helmet.html

All authentic helmets have had this description for years. Unless you get the helmet specifically fit to you, it's not warrantied for use on the field. It has nothing to do with whether the helmet is a safe design or not.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Can someone help me out on something? I have never, and I mean NEVER understood the deal with the Vikings number font. From the day after they were unveiled to today, it seems like they've never fixed what was a well-thought-out but badly-executed idea.

Like why isn't this guy's "2" rounded on the bottom left? Why not create a "special" set of numbers for the second numeral when you've created a "special" set of numbers for the first numeral?

Image result for vikings 2016 minnesota

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

2 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Can someone help me out on something? I have never, and I mean NEVER understood the deal with the Vikings number font. From the day after they were unveiled to today, it seems like they've never fixed what was a well-thought-out but badly-executed idea.

Like why isn't this guy's "2" rounded on the bottom left? Why not create a "special" set of numbers for the second numeral when you've created a "special" set of numbers for the first numeral?

Image result for vikings 2016 minnesota

That’s a really good question. Part of designing a system (for example, any set of numbers, but *especially* one with unique left/right digits) is making sure it works no matter the situation. That means looking at every numerical pair and designing the set so that every pair works. On top of that, it also needs to be easy to understand for an equipment staff. As you noted, it definitely falls short in some instances, which is a shame, because there’s an interesting skeleton there (visually and conceptually).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

That’s a really good question. Part of designing a system (for example, any set of numbers, but *especially* one with unique left/right digits) is making sure it works no matter the situation. That means looking at every numerical pair and designing the set so that every pair works. On top of that, it also needs to be easy to understand for an equipment staff. As you noted, it definitely falls short in some instances, which is a shame, because there’s an interesting skeleton there (visually and conceptually).

more confusing given this came from Nike (im pretty sure, its possible NFL created those numbers) who designed that very kind of system for Oregon Football. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Because then it wouldn't really be a number 2 anymore?

IMO.

What exactly would it be? :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Because then it wouldn't really be a number 2 anymore?

IMO.

that didn't stop them from doing what they did to the 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So a Jets player tweeted this out... 

He's been lobbying for new uniforms for the past couple weeks starting with this tweet. 

Anyone heard anything about the Jets making changes for next year maybe? New alt for this year? Change in green? 

31 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

So a Jets player tweeted this out... 

He's been lobbying for new uniforms for the past couple weeks starting with this tweet. 

Anyone heard anything about the Jets making changes for next year maybe? New alt for this year? Change in green? 

Fascinating. As a Jets fan I don't want any sort of big changes. I wouldn't mind seeing them go back to a more authentic 1968 uniform or an 80s alternate.

They are drafting a new QB of the future and may want some new uniforms to usher in the era

Doubt it's anything wholesale changes for next year. We would've heard about that by now

Archived