NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

18 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Sam Bradford looks like he bought a Sam Bradford jersey at the mall, and wore it to the game..

There is precedent.  I still remember this from when I was 11:

1985 All Star game at the Metrodome.  In those pre-internet days, you could get souvenirs for several teams at the Metrodome souvenir stands.  Thanks goodness because Lou Whitaker forgot his cap and jersey and someone went to the stands, purchased replica Tigers gear and used a marker to put a uniform number (thankfully he wore 1) on the back.

https://www.detroitathletic.com/blog/2011/07/22/how-lou-whitakers-forgetfulness-landed-him-in-the-smithsonian/

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see the Ravens, Bengals and Cardinals get new uniforms... I think its time for those teams to refresh. 

And of course, the Buccs need to do something about those monstrosities as quickly as they are able!

6 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

So a Jets player tweeted this out... 

He's been lobbying for new uniforms for the past couple weeks starting with this tweet. 

Anyone heard anything about the Jets making changes for next year maybe? New alt for this year? Change in green? 

Lee seems to have taken it upon himself to spearhead the Twitter grassroots campaign for new jerseys. I don't think I have heard anything else besides from him on Twitter, so I don't know if there really is any indication the Jets might do something.

If they do, I don't know where they go. I'd like to see an actual jet incorporated somewhere and I wouldn't hate the retro one in that concept or the even more retro plane, but I'm unsure of going straight throwback with no modernization.

y09c9rfac1n79trqqcefemcyo.gif

IbjBaeE.png

8 minutes ago, Skape7 said:

I'd like to see the Ravens, Bengals and Cardinals get new uniforms... I think its time for those teams to refresh. 

And of course, the Buccs need to do something about those monstrosities as quickly as they are able!

Bucs are eligible for a change in 2019.

Ravens unis aren't bad, but a tad dated. The Color Rush purple is better than the regular purple. I think a refresh on the helmet stripes would be cool (using purple and gold).

Cardinals need a new, traditional look.

I really wouldn't be surprised if the Jets brought back green helmets in the next couple of years.

Bengals need a refresh.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

56 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Lee seems to have taken it upon himself to spearhead the Twitter grassroots campaign for new jerseys. I don't think I have heard anything else besides from him on Twitter, so I don't know if there really is any indication the Jets might do something.

If they do, I don't know where they go. I'd like to see an actual jet incorporated somewhere and I wouldn't hate the retro one in that concept or the even more retro plane, but I'm unsure of going straight throwback with no modernization.

Yeah, i'd definitely want to see the return of a Jet in the logo. 

Give me this logo, or maybe a slight update to it.

5gtfjeljv9kf52bdv9otg3fhf.gif

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

The tail (or the wings) is really awkward in this logo. The horizontal stabilizers don't match the wings, if the plane is rotated towards us.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

35 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The tail (or the wings) is really awkward in this logo. The horizontal stabilizers don't match the wings, if the plane is rotated towards us.

I agree .. that's probably why they got rid of it after only one season, their final season at the Polo Grounds in 1963 before moving into the newly built Shea Stadium in 1964.

On 4/16/2018 at 1:30 PM, VDizzle12 said:

NFL Banning 10 Helmets for 2018

Looks like the new Vicis helmets performed the best. I'm glad they were able to improve the facemask designs. The first originals looked horrible. Hopefully more players will start wearing them.

Interesting that the helmet used as the Browns logo will no longer be allowed. Probably why it's not a good idea to have equipment as your logo.

Where is the regular schutt air on that list? I know Frank Gore and Garcon still wear it.

9 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Also have to say with the Browns drafting what you'd assume is their QB of the future and embarking on what they hope is a new era of competitive football, the league should allow them to go forward with the new uniforms for 2019, and perhaps wear 60's era throwbacks a few times this year. Throw 'em a bone.

Well the Browns won't be able to catch that bone so the uniforms will stay until 2020. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

7 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Also have to say with the Browns drafting what you'd assume is their QB of the future and embarking on what they hope is a new era of competitive football, the league should allow them to go forward with the new uniforms for 2019, and perhaps wear 60's era throwbacks a few times this year. Throw 'em a bone.

Absolutely.. They've sold as many of those hideous jerseys as they're gonna sell at this point..

Archived