NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

9 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

Looks like, in spite of the announced end of color rush, the NY Giants will be keeping their awesome throwback color rush uniform as an alternate for this season based on the team's instagram. Maybe other teams will follow? I liked many of them (I.E. Denver's "Past Meets Present"-style uniform and the Saints throwbacks)

g39qKAP.png

The jersey is great.

The helmet is foul. The Giants have a perfect helmet logo; they should not ever bring back that awkward wordmark.

The only throwback helmet logo that the Giants should wear once in a while is the bold 1975 version.

Image result for ny giants 1975

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

Yeah in Madden I'll always

-change their helmets to the color rush GIANTS

-use the color rush road or normal blue jersey

-use white color rush pants

-use normal blue socks.

Sick dude

9 hours ago, BrianLion said:

IIRC although the TNF "Color Rush Game" was bagged, teams still have the option to wear the Color Rush alts they have this season. I know the Lions intend on wearing their "all grays" at least once this season again. 

What I find more interesting about this pic is that Barkley seems to have a second throwback helmet which I thought was frowned upon. Then again this could've just been for purposes of the photo

If it was really a "second" helmet, it'd likely be navy rather than the pretty blue they currently have.  It's probably just a spare that they put the old wordmark on.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The jersey is great.

The helmet is foul. The Giants have a perfect helmet logo; they should not ever bring back that awkward wordmark.

The only throwback helmet logo that the Giants should wear once in a while is the bold 1975 version.

I have to admit that I'm a fan of GIANTS - maybe it's just because I grew up with it, or because the bold all-caps letters just screamed... well, "GIANTS" to me. 

Either way, that one you posted is probably my favorite.  i wouldn't want it full time, but for a throwback it's great.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I have to admit that I'm a fan of GIANTS - maybe it's just because I grew up with it, or because the bold all-caps letters just screamed... well, "GIANTS" to me. 

Either way, that one you posted is probably my favorite.  i wouldn't want it full time, but for a throwback it's great.

As much as I want to hate it, there's something about that GIANTS helmet that just feels right to me.. I still prefer the current ny helmet, but I love the alt look in the current alt capacity.. It was a well done color rush uniform for sure..

6 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

FINALLY! The thin white stroke on the midfield logo had been bothering me for years. I'm not even a bengals fan but i'm so glad they finally corrected that. 

The endzone wordmarks would look infinitely better flipped (white with black stroke)

11 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The jersey is great.

I’ve got a soft spot for that logo, but I do think a blue or grey facemask would be better. White just draws the eyes away from the insignia.

I really wish Nike replicas looked like what Ngakoue and Campbell wore during the draft. The length of the sleeves really bothers me on the replicas. The shorter sleeves look so much better.

Db4u_ZiWsAAODmV.jpg

1 hour ago, Gr3g3 said:

I really wish Nike replicas looked like what Ngakoue and Campbell wore during the draft. The length of the sleeves really bothers me on the replicas. The shorter sleeves look so much better.

Db4u_ZiWsAAODmV.jpg

Yeah, I never understood why Nike does that?  What is the purpose of the super long sleeves?  I mean, I get that they are not on the field, and are for fans to where, but they seem comically long.  Plus, with Nike moving most numbers and stripes up higher on the actual jerseys, those blank areas really stand out.

On 5/1/2018 at 10:29 AM, BrianLion said:

IIRC although the TNF "Color Rush Game" was bagged, teams still have the option to wear the Color Rush alts they have this season. I know the Lions intend on wearing their "all grays" at least once this season again. 

What I find more interesting about this pic is that Barkley seems to have a second throwback helmet which I thought was frowned upon. Then again this could've just been for purposes of the photo

That's good news to say the least. I liked that Lions set.

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

1 hour ago, Gr3g3 said:

Db4u_ZiWsAAODmV.jpg

For sure. The Reebok length was damn near perfect. Also I am still bugged by the lack of a number outline on the Jags uniforms. Would literally make the set 10x better if there was a black outline and teal outline around the numbers on the teal and black jerseys, respectively.

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

1 hour ago, jdavidev said:

Yeah, I never understood why Nike does that?  What is the purpose of the super long sleeves?  I mean, I get that they are not on the field, and are for fans to where, but they seem comically long.  Plus, with Nike moving most numbers and stripes up higher on the actual jerseys, those blank areas really stand out.

It's really noticeable on teams like the Jets. That's one of the features that stopped me from getting a Nike Jets jersey. 

XM4KeeA.png

11 minutes ago, insert name said:

It's really noticeable on teams like the Jets. That's one of the features that stopped me from getting a Nike Jets jersey. 

Did you consider getting the sleeves tailored/hemmed? My local tailor charges $12 and dry cleaner is $9. Sure it's out of pocket but does not seem like a deal breaker.

1 hour ago, jdavidev said:

Sam Bradford would like a word..

5 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Also, the vapor untouchable custom elite jerseys (apparently only available for certain teams) has a much more accurate sleeve length

Re: sleeve length, this always bothered me with the original Nike jerseys, across the Game, Limited and Elite models. Especially teams with stripes/logos. I'd prefer to have the logos/numbers/stripes higher up on the sleeve like they are worn on the field. Even if they are going to have way to much fabric on the sleeves, at least I could tailor them and make them a normal length. The Vapor limited jerseys also have a shorter sleeve length. It's not a lot, but it is about an inch which for makes them look much better.

SEAsig.png

NFL Shop shows the Jaguars NOB has a silver outline. Is this correct??? There is no silver anywhere else on the uniform

Edit..looks like maybe its just the fake stitching effect on the Limited version. Screen printed jersey doesnt have it

Archived