NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually when it droops down like that on a block font it's angled, like the Packers 5s or any 80s/early 90s high-school football 5.

crkids.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

While I was playing Madden I decided to check out the Giants Color Rush with normal socks and I also had another thing going on...

p0XrW6s.jpg

Most NFL teams should just use normal socks with the Color Rush alternates now since the actual program itself is dead. Like what I posted up there, you could get some great stuff out of it.

bSLCtu2.png

On 5/1/2018 at 11:29 AM, BrianLion said:

IIRC although the TNF "Color Rush Game" was bagged, teams still have the option to wear the Color Rush alts they have this season. I know the Lions intend on wearing their "all grays" at least once this season again. 

What I find more interesting about this pic is that Barkley seems to have a second throwback helmet which I thought was frowned upon. Then again this could've just been for purposes of the photo

I'm pretty sure that players may have multiple helmets if they want to. Teams just can't force players to do so.  That way, the responsibility is entirely on the player, so when they have CTE 20 years down the road, the NFL can throw up their hands and say it wasn't their fault.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

On 5/1/2018 at 12:02 AM, Jungle Jim said:

It has always bugged me that the leaping tiger and the head logo were both oriented in the wrong direction.  Am I the only one that really prefers logos that flow from left to right?  This is especially true of football helmets, that must face to the right when depicted.

The Eagles' primary logo is great partly because it faces to the left. Maybe it's just the contrast with all the other NFL logos, but that makes it look more aggressive. And it's tradition for them - their previous logo faced left as well.

960.gif961.gif

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

3 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

The Eagles' primary logo is great partly because it faces to the left. Maybe it's just the contrast with all the other NFL logos, but that makes it look more aggressive. And it's tradition for them - their previous logo faced left as well.

960.gif961.gif

You know, I hadn't ever really noticed, until now, just how much the current Eagles logo is inspired by the previous logo. The head is styled very similarly.

7 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

While I was playing Madden I decided to check out the Giants Color Rush with normal socks and I also had another thing going on...

p0XrW6s.jpg

Most NFL teams should just use normal socks with the Color Rush alternates now since the actual program itself is dead. Like what I posted up there, you could get some great stuff out of it.

The all-Brown & Orange Cleveland Color Rush option is a beautiful set, and what I always used when I played with that team.  Traditional stripes on the sleeves and pants, block numbers, solid brown socks & shoes...they were 100000x better than what they were weekly now.  Sadly, I don't think that's an actual real-life CR alt for them - graphics were done for them with players wearing them, but I don't think they've ever worn them in-season, have they?

4 minutes ago, Volt said:

The all-Brown & Orange Cleveland Color Rush option is a beautiful set, and what I always used when I played with that team.  Traditional stripes on the sleeves and pants, block numbers, solid brown socks & shoes...they were 100000x better than what they were weekly now.  Sadly, I don't think that's an actual real-life CR alt for them - graphics were done for them with players wearing them, but I don't think they've ever worn them in-season, have they?

Never worn. Something about the Browns color rush set reminds me too much of this...

20150914__49ERSVIKES2.jpg?w=645&h=494

Brown and orange have much better contrast than black and red.

Plus, those are actually the Browns colors.  The Niners only ever used black as trim until it was shoehorned into their identity.

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Never worn. Something about the Browns color rush set reminds me too much of this...

If the 49ers went all-in with black socks, cleats, and switched to Red facemasks for this, it'd be legit....despite the fact that you still can't see the numbers that well.  In great lighting, they look awesome.  

4 hours ago, Volt said:

If the 49ers went all-in with black socks, cleats, and switched to Red facemasks for this, it'd be legit....despite the fact that you still can't see the numbers that well.  In great lighting, they look awesome.  

Hate the niners, but I would rather see them bust out the 94 throwbacks instead of this terrible black look. 

5 hours ago, Volt said:

IMO black socks is just about the only thing that could make that ugly alt even worse.

On 4/30/2018 at 11:02 PM, Jungle Jim said:

It has always bugged me that the leaping tiger and the head logo were both oriented in the wrong direction.  Am I the only one that really prefers logos that flow from left to right?  This is especially true of football helmets, that must face to the right when depicted.

You aren't alone!  

Eagles?  perfect.

Vikings?  Backwards. 

7 hours ago, NicDB said:

Plus, those are actually the Browns colors.  The Niners only ever used black as trim until it was shoehorned into their identity.

I think they have about the same contrast, just a shade brighter on both sides. Certainly not “much” better, if it’s better at all.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 5/1/2018 at 11:57 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The only throwback helmet logo that the Giants should wear once in a while is the bold 1975 version.

Image result for ny giants 1975

I don't think this logo would work as well on the current lighter helmet.  It pops off that navy helmet however.  I remember those uniforms well and they worked in the 70's.  The Giants were predominantly a blue and white team, with red used only sparingly during this brief era.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

On 5/1/2018 at 10:57 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The jersey is great.

The helmet is foul. The Giants have a perfect helmet logo; they should not ever bring back that awkward wordmark.

The only throwback helmet logo that the Giants should wear once in a while is the bold 1975 version.

Image result for ny giants 1975

This really belongs in another thread, but this helmet in gumball format is DEFINITELY a 'white whale' of mine.

It's where I sit.

13 hours ago, NicDB said:

6 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I think they have about the same contrast, just a shade brighter on both sides. Certainly not “much” better, if it’s better at all.

Don't get me wrong, brown and orange is still far from ideal.  But I never seem to have a problem reading orange numbers on dark jerseys (see: Syracuse, Oregon State) as I did with the 49ers black jerseys.

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

IMO black socks is just about the only thing that could make that ugly alt even worse.

IMO it looks better.  If you're going to go Color Rush, go full Color Rush:

bng-l-49ers-0922-131.jpg?w=620

613064802.jpg

bng-l-49ers-0922-27.jpg?w=620

bng-l-49ers-0922-114.jpg?w=620

These have really grown on me, despite the number visibility issue.  And honestly, if you're watching on TV, it's really not that bad...I wouldn't wear it every week, but for what it is, 1-2x per season, it's fine.  Black, Red, and Steeler Gold or 49er Gold are both excellent color combos.  Would be interested in seeing this same uniform with Gold numbers in real life, becuse the Gold Swoosh looks great...I understand that wouldn't be consistent with the 49ers' uniform, but Color Rush pretty much throws that out the window.

The Browns need to pull this look out this season.

21 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

The Vikings really need to go with white pants on the road more often. It's a great look. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On 5/1/2018 at 12:02 AM, Jungle Jim said:

13 hours ago, mafiaman said:

You aren't alone!  

Eagles?  perfect.

Vikings?  Backwards. 

Um. I think you're disagreeing with @Jungle Jim there.

Logos really should flow from left to right.  

kwth8f1cfa2sch5xhjjfaof90.gif9ebzja2zfeigaziee8y605aqp.gif17013982017.gif594179532017.gif570.gif857.gif17636702014.gify71myf8mlwlk8lbgagh3fd5e0.gif17227042013.gifpfiobtreaq7j0pzvadktsc6jv.gif1053.gif15073062018.gifim5xz2q9bjbg44xep08bf5czq.gifn0fd1z6xmhigb0eej3323ebwq.gif299.giff1wggq2k8ql88fe33jzhw641u.gif15988562013.gif

The Eagles' primary logo is awkward because it flows in the opposite direction as we read in English.  They're the only team in the NFL that currently does this. 

960.gif

Which is only feasible because unlike virtually every other NFL team, they don't put their primary logo on the helmet.

f7R6CbP.png

For that reason, I give the Eagles something of a pass.  They have the history, and that also counts for something in my eyes.  

Archived