NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dont care said:

FTFY

thank you...

gold/silver socks aren't a thing. they either look khaki, baby-poo, or grey, and are jarringly different than the other applications of the color on other materials. it has never once looked good.

red socks, and i'm down. the only way you'd be able to make GOLD socks would be that very 90's/00's dazzle fabric like the old predators sleeves, and that would just look trashy, if it's even possible due to the needed elasticity of a sock for practical purposes.

11 hours ago, The_Creek said:

Nebraska likes the look too....minus the gold helmet.

Image result for nebraska all white uniforms

Goes to show you how Nike's better template makes the look outstanding, and how details like all-white socks/tights/accessories and cleats complete the look.  As soon as you start adding colors into that gear, it takes away from the simplicity and what makes all-white work. 

This also shows you why 10" front and 12" back numbers work better on adult football jerseys than 8" front and 10" back.  

Lastly...that Adidas logo placement is also obnoxious.  

If the 49ers mock-up is accurate, it's going to be an incredible look, but will lose luster if it's an Alternate, and not a Color Rush, due to the sock/shoe thing.

A lot of 49ers fans have been wanting them to bring the 94 uniforms back in some capacity. I'll take anything over the god awful black uniforms at this point. At least the 94 uniforms have history with the team (being based on an older uniform they wore and the 94 Super Bowl).

8 minutes ago, linkboy said:

A lot of 49ers fans have been wanting them to bring the 94 uniforms back in some capacity. I'll take anything over the god awful black uniforms at this point. At least the 94 uniforms have history with the team (being based on an older uniform they wore and the 94 Super Bowl).

In my opinion, I think that's going to be the case, the 1994 road uniform returning which will serve multiple purposes as a throwback, an alternate and a color rush uniform.

The NFLPA rookie premiere had Jaguars and Dolphins players wearing last years uniforms for their photoshoots (no Titans players showed up so who knows what they would’ve done with them). Usually you only see this level of negligence in local news stations using old versions of logos, but this is new. Pretty embarrassing of them to misrepresent the teams’ brands like that at an official event where they usually get things right.

F0904_F4_B_0_AC4_4659_A0_A6_70_C707525_A

13 minutes ago, Gupti said:

The NFLPA rookie premiere had Jaguars and Dolphins players wearing last years uniforms for their photoshoots (no Titans players showed up so who knows what they would’ve done with them). Usually you only see this level of negligence in local news stations using old versions of logos, but this is new. Pretty embarrassing of them to misrepresent the teams’ brands like that at an official event where they usually get things right.

Isn't this the second year in a row that Lions Rookies have worn the throwback for the picture?

53 minutes ago, Gupti said:

I feel like a fool - who is wearing 10 between the Jaugars and Cardinals - 2nd row from the top. Player and more importantly team? the jersey looks dark grey with black shoulder caps.

Saints, I'm guessing?

It's where I sit.

7 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I feel like a fool - who is wearing 10 between the Jaugars and Cardinals - 2nd row from the top. Player and more importantly team? the jersey looks dark grey with black shoulder caps.

Saints, I'm guessing?

Pretty sure that's just the Saints with weird lighting. As for the player, I'd guess that's Tre'Quan Smith from UCF, their third rounder.

Sony Michel for the Pats is wearing #1, which is the number New England gives to all rookies for promotional material until their numbers have been picked. Are there any other players in the picture without an assigned number? I feel like this is late in the process for that to not have been decided yet. 

15 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Saints, I'm guessing?

Now that you’ve mentioned the Saints guy, I just realized that they’ve got him and several others still rocking the flywire that shouldn’t. Some are updated but others aren’t. That Jaguars jersey in particular is at least two years old. Yikes.

The whole point of the "Rookie Premiere Photo Shoot" is to get shots of players in their NFL unis for trading cards... I've seen teams dress rookies in old unis because they hadn't released the new sets yet (Mike Williams & Josh Reed wore Kelly-era Bills unis in the '02 shoot, for example)... but what's the point of stocking up on images of players in unis they'll never wear on the field? Miami & Jacksonville have nothing to hide uni-wise. Really strange.

27 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

The whole point of the "Rookie Premiere Photo Shoot" is to get shots of players in their NFL unis for trading cards... I've seen teams dress rookies in old unis because they hadn't released the new sets yet (Mike Williams & Josh Reed wore Kelly-era Bills unis in the '02 shoot, for example)... but what's the point of stocking up on images of players in unis they'll never wear on the field? Miami & Jacksonville have nothing to hide uni-wise. Really strange.

Only thing that makes sense is they don't have the uni cut the way they will wear it but that should have happened the week they got drafted. Worst case send a blank jersey and Photoshop the numbers later.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Saints, I'm guessing?

Saints -Tre'Quan Smith - UCF

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, Volt said:

Goes to show you how Nike's better template makes the look outstanding, and how details like all-white socks/tights/accessories and cleats complete the look.  As soon as you start adding colors into that gear, it takes away from the simplicity and what makes all-white work. 

This also shows you why 10" front and 12" back numbers work better on adult football jerseys than 8" front and 10" back.  

Lastly...that Adidas logo placement is also obnoxious.  

If the 49ers mock-up is accurate, it's going to be an incredible look, but will lose luster if it's an Alternate, and not a Color Rush, due to the sock/shoe thing.

Man, I really hope Nike is paying you, because you are working hard for them.

Archived