NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

How the effing mother effing dumb ass mother effing eff is TO considered a Cowboy for HOF purposes?

He doesn't want to go into the HOF as a 49er so that leaves Eagles and Cowboys. Madden probably went with the Cowboys because...

220px-ESPN_NFL_2K5_PS2_Cover.png

bSLCtu2.png

20 hours ago, Gr3g3 said:

Jaguars new helmet in action durings OTAs

ji2afuydarcntys4cpkc.jpg

cowly9i5puijxfm1gw7h.jpg

tpw2qurpysllyh0rw17f.jpg

It's SO beautiful :wub:

Yeah, the reversing of the golds on the helmet logo bothers me way more than it should.. 

I understand that it may not be highlights, but it certainly looks like it should be highlights, which are now in the incorrect locations..

Also, this is now opposite of the primary logo/chest patch logo/printed version of the logo/pretty much every other version of the logo..

It also feels awkward to me, like the weight of the logo is off.. It feels so back heavy/bottom heavy with all the brighter colors also being the larger patches of color.. Having those top slivers of gold being lighter would help bring some balance back to the top/front of the logo..

The overall helmet is light years ahead of the 2-tone monstrosity they've been wearing, but the decal alone is a slight downgrade.. I'd love to see a current helmet with the old logo, just for shiggles, cause I think it'd be better..

Edit: also just noticed (unimportant, and unrelated) that, like the Broncos, the Jaguars also use a printed black border on their decals, rather than clear.. They did a heck of a great job matching the glossy black of the decal to the glossy black helmet though.. It's spot-on

Second Edit: A few sites are offering the "new" Jaguars helmet for sale (NFL Shop, Fanatics, etc) but have the old decal.. Looks better imo..KAXIvMO.jpg

Noticed it the first up close picture they showed of the new helmets. The jersey patch still uses the original version of the logo. The golds on the helmet decal looked better on the old awful helmets. I wonder why they switched it.

20 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

He doesn't want to go into the HOF as a 49er so that leaves Eagles and Cowboys. Madden probably went with the Cowboys because...

220px-ESPN_NFL_2K5_PS2_Cover.png

He obviously established himself in SF, but had so many things happen outside of there - infamous driveway situp thing happen in Phila as well as play in the SB on one leg, then played for Dallas and had several iconic moments ("that's my teammate.  My quarterback.")

Is SF really any non-49er fan's first thought when thinking about TO?  Also, he recently talked some trash on Jason Garrett, so I'm not sure how much he loves the Cowboys at this point either.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, NicDB said:

Is it because the numbers are totally different sizes?

95% of the photos of jerseys (especially new jerseys) on Fanatics are photoshopped, so that doesn't worry me, really.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Retail version of Steelers throwback has been leaked:

I look at it more and think that something seems off. Don't know why.

This Photoshopped image has front numbers applied to the back and sleeves. The actual jersey will likely be different. This is how it should look front/sleeve/back:

2fa524080b27470354f591cfb023ccae.jpg

img20568816.jpg

pittsburgh-steelers-terry-bradshaw-1979.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 5/22/2018 at 9:48 AM, Gothamite said:

Not so long as they continue to wear yoga pants.

Socks should never match the pants.  Gray or white, Lions, those are the choices.

And then there's all that text on what passes for sleeves nowadays.  I like the Lions' uniforms, but they still have significant problems. 

Note to the Detroit Loins: your look is getting better, but lose the damn shoulder text, geez!!!

24 minutes ago, verno said:

Note the the Detroit Lions: lose the damn sleeve text, looks great otherwise.

Damn it, that edit went unwell?!?!?!

Archived