NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:56 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

Yeah, I liked them too, except:

• Would have looked much better with a professional number font and not that ridiculous rounded-corner nonsense.  That font looks terrible, which is saying a lot since it's thisclose to being regular block.  That little tweak meant a whole lot.
  • The pants were terrible, and designed specifically to force white over purple, but they rarely actually wore that, so they had mismatched panels.  It was really short sighted to design the pants the way they did.  They should have either had both jerseys have the same color side panel (and extend that to the pants, like the Patriots do) or have the side panel on the jersey taper off so that it doesn't actually contact the pants.

White underarm striping/piping/panels became dated 15 minutes after it came out.  Hey Bengals...   All other underarm piping/striping/panels was dated 15 minutes later.  Pats, Titans...   Only Broncos pulled it  off, and I think that look is past due to be redone. 

Grey facemasks are all about nostalgia - being used to them from the old days.  Most teams with them would really look better if they went color, or sometimes white.  I.e. Cardinals & Colts.  Vikings should be purple IMHO.  Stealers are best in black.  Washington in yellow is distinctive. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://fanjuicer.com/2018/05/every-nfl-logo-ranked-by-over-1400-fans

"As a sports fan, you may not put much thought into a team’s logo, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t important. From a branding perspective, a good logo is crucial. In fact, a logo is often the first thing others will see when they decide what your brand stands for and what it can do for them. When it comes to the NFL, teams are definitely brands. That’s partly why I was interested in how NFL fans would rank the logos of the league’s 32 teams.

I recruited 1,488 fans, primarily from the community at r/NFL, to participate in a MaxDiff research study with the goal of understanding which NFL logos work and which do not. While MaxDiff is a great technique for ranking any long list of items, it particularly shines when it comes to ranking logos."

20 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

And the main reason why they chose wearing white at home for all except the throwback games was the fact they do not want to embarass the fans in by wearing navy jersey with gold numerals and no gold whatsoever in their helmets and their pants.  The home fans would rather prefer this:

Image result for 2018 rams falcons

Than this:

Image result for 2018 rams jaguars

I know if I was a Rams fan, I would.

Then they shouldn't have changed the helmets. Those jerseys looked perfectly fine (if not slightly but not terribly dated) with the helmet and pants they were designed to be worn with. If I were a Rams fan, I'd much rather see any of these over either of the garish mismatched uniforms you linked:

ox281253628061455337.jpg

st-louis-rams-kenny-britt-denver-broncosGettyImages-90870316.0.jpg

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

23 hours ago, djam2410 said:

I'll never understand the thought process behind trying to wait 3-4 years for a stadium to open before debuting new jerseys. Seems like a lot of wasted revenue that could have been had on jerseys. I'm sure the rest of the merchandise will probably sell fine though.

I think that logic is exactly why they waited. Now if you're a Rams fan in LA and want to support the team, you "have" to buy a jersey now, and then a new one in 2019/2020 for the new look. Looking like crap for a few years is worth it, from the team's perspective, if it can double jersey sales.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

1 hour ago, Matito said:

Then they shouldn't have changed the helmets. Those jerseys looked perfectly fine (if not slightly but not terribly dated) with the helmet and pants they were designed to be worn with. If I were a Rams fan, I'd much rather see any of these over either of the garish mismatched uniforms you linked:

GettyImages-90870316.0.jpg

The white-over-white Rams with gold horns and a blue facemask is actually a very good look, in my opinion. The blue-over-gold set is too dark and drab, and the blue-over-white set is unbalanced because there's so little white above the waist.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

1 hour ago, whitedawg22 said:

The white-over-white Rams with gold horns and a blue facemask is actually a very good look, in my opinion. The blue-over-gold set is too dark and drab, and the blue-over-white set is unbalanced because there's so little white above the waist.

They could have made a few small changes that would have given them less gold/more white and a refreshed LA look:

1. Invert the stripe colors on the white pants.
  2. Make the horns predominantly white with a think gold outline or with an asymmetric accent line on the inside of the horn.

By minimizing the gold and bringing more white in you get the effect of a refresh that emphasizes white/blue without going full jv squad.

15 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

http://fanjuicer.com/2018/05/every-nfl-logo-ranked-by-over-1400-fans

"As a sports fan, you may not put much thought into a team’s logo, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t important. From a branding perspective, a good logo is crucial. In fact, a logo is often the first thing others will see when they decide what your brand stands for and what it can do for them. When it comes to the NFL, teams are definitely brands. That’s partly why I was interested in how NFL fans would rank the logos of the league’s 32 teams.

I recruited 1,488 fans, primarily from the community at r/NFL, to participate in a MaxDiff research study with the goal of understanding which NFL logos work and which do not. While MaxDiff is a great technique for ranking any long list of items, it particularly shines when it comes to ranking logos."

That was a fun, interesting little article. Although i will say at times it sounded like the designer may be partially color blind. 

1 hour ago, shaydre1019 said:

That was a fun, interesting little article. Although i will say at times it sounded like the designer may be partially color blind. 

Here's the catch with the article, a football logo, much like a baseball crest, is nothing outside of the context of the helmet. 

The Browns logo may look boring off the field but seen on field, it a classic. Same goes for the Chargers bolt, the Packer "G," and Colts' horseshoe. 

2 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

The "Graphic Designer" keeps complaining about a lack of shading and shadowing in classic logos like the Colts and Steelers.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-to-wear-Color-Rush-jerseys-in-Week-12-home-game-vs-Pittsburgh-Steelers/fd7d3d99-3f09-4e62-8b05-1ddad2bfe31d

The Broncos are wearing their Color Rush at home for the first time vs Pittsburgh Week 12. There also wearing their Blue uniforms Week 4 against the Kansas City Chiefs and in Week 15 against the Cleveland Browns.

1 hour ago, Sportscenter said:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-to-wear-Color-Rush-jerseys-in-Week-12-home-game-vs-Pittsburgh-Steelers/fd7d3d99-3f09-4e62-8b05-1ddad2bfe31d

The Broncos are wearing their Color Rush at home for the first time vs Pittsburgh Week 12. There also wearing their Blue uniforms Week 4 against the Kansas City Chiefs and in Week 15 against the Cleveland Browns.

So their primary home uniform will be worn no more than 5 out of 8 opportunities.  So like 60% of the games.  Makes sense.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 6/3/2018 at 9:30 AM, orangefaniniowa said:

Image result for 2018 rams falcons

If the face mask was a matching blue, I honestly wouldn’t mind this uniform. Also, the look back in 2016 (old St. Louis) was fine IMHO.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

16 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The "Graphic Designer" keeps complaining about a lack of shading and shadowing in classic logos like the Colts and Steelers.

?‍♂️ Just say no to “shading,” the only pass I give is if it works in one color.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

If the face mask was a matching blue, I honestly wouldn’t mind this uniform. Also, the look back in 2016 (old St. Louis) was fine IMHO.

I think the Vegas gold horns with white facemask would have worked pretty well with the 2017 set...plus it'd match the logo, so to speak.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Are they talking about their normal blue jerseys or is there a completely new blue uniform to match the color rush?

Normal navy...probably with navy pants.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived