NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

RE: Rams not wearing navy in '18

Rereading this tweet they are going to wear their color rush once and throwbacks twice...this is no different than the broncos plan or any other team...that is some great negotiating right there.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if every away game they're forced to wear dark, they will burn through those allotted 3 times very quickly.  This isn't really any victory for the Rams, especially if their opponents want to force them to look ridiculous

40 minutes ago, Pharos04 said:

So if every away game they're forced to wear dark, they will burn through those allotted 3 times very quickly.  This isn't really any victory for the Rams, especially if their opponents want to force them to look ridiculous

Not only that, but they definitely intend to wear their throwbacks for their home LA crowd. There’s no way they could give up their few chances to give the LA fans the blue & yellows that they crave just so they an cover their asses when they have to wear dark on the road. Ya know, due to all of the terrible decisions that they’ve made. 

How can they frame this as “flexibility”? Its the same rules as always. Its like if the Browns came out and said “Guess what, guys? It turns out we’re allowed to wear our home uniforms at any home game! How cool! We really didn’t know!”

13 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

It looks like other people are replying to the tweet saying it should read 3 throwback games AND 3 color rush games. Basically 3 games for each (6 total).

Well I could understand the confusion. This guy said 3 throwback AND 3 Color Rush games. Did you not read that part?

On 6/1/2018 at 9:21 PM, TJSC said:
Possible elimination of Navy Unis, possibility to wear throwbacks on ALL Home Games
New uniform details:

Well I would give Vinny B. the beat writer a bit more credibility than ramheart but not much. Regardless of what the reality twitter has absolutely decimated professional reporting as a communication platform and a lazy man's scoop generator. Twitter is 99.99% garbage.

2 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Well I would give Vinny B. the beat writer a bit more credibility than ramheart but not much. Regardless of what the reality twitter has absolutely decimated professional reporting as a communication platform and a lazy man's scoop generator. Twitter is 99.99% garbage.

Yeah I understand, and I wouldn't take Twitter too seriously. But you have to agree that based on the info in those tweets, the people were thinking 3 throwback games AND 3 color rush games. A little misleading.

In Ramheart’s tweets about the Rams ticket holders meeting, he referred to how Demoff was then trying to get permission to wear the throwbacks and color rush as much as they want. In Vince Bonsignore’s tweets, he says that the league has now told them they can wear the throwbacks twice and the color rush once whenever they want for a total of three games (like always). The only change in flexibility is that the color rush isn’t restricted to Thursday night, but that was a league-wide policy change anyways. Under this ruling, there shouldn’t be anything to get excited about since 2018 will end up looking a lot like 2017 for the Rams. They’re still in the process of petitioning to wear the throwbacks more, but that sure is some “flexibility” theyve gotten themselves until then, huh...

I understand it. I was referring to what PaleVermilion81 said. He was saying that people were confused because of what the guy on Twitter was saying. He was saying there was going to be 3 throwback AND 3 color rush games. When it's just 3 games total. I'm repeating myself here. I was just clarifying for PaleVermilion81 that I could understand the confusion, because it was misleading.

1 hour ago, Gupti said:

In Ramheart’s tweets about the Rams ticket holders meeting, he referred to how Demoff was then trying to get permission to wear the throwbacks and color rush as much as they want. In Vince Bonsignore’s tweets, he says that the league has now told them they can wear the throwbacks twice and the color rush once whenever they want for a total of three games (like always). The only change in flexibility is that the color rush isn’t restricted to Thursday night, but that was a league-wide policy change anyways. Under this ruling, there shouldn’t be anything to get excited about since 2018 will end up looking a lot like 2017 for the Rams. They’re still in the process of petitioning to wear the throwbacks more, but that sure is some “flexibility” theyve gotten themselves until then, huh...

I'm glad that he clarified things and that the league has graciously allowed them to use alternate uniforms in the same fashion as the other 31 teams. I'm sure their petitioning for an exemption will fare much much better this time. They should also get the league to allow them to wear white at home if they so choose.

31 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Imagine the *fun* we'll have if the Rams haveta keep these unis when they move into their new stadium next season. ?

Stadium isn't until 2020.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

40 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

So they are going to have plain orange helmets during their preseason games too?

League rules will force the stripes to be on the helmets ...probably the equipment manager will peel them off for practices

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

38 minutes ago, scraw28 said:

League rules will force the stripes to be on the helmets ...probably the equipment manager will peel them off for practices

That’s what I figured. Kind of takes away from what he is trying to do, but hey that’s Hue Jackson for you.

5 hours ago, duxrcool048 said:

I understand it. I was referring to what PaleVermilion81 said. He was saying that people were confused because of what the guy on Twitter was saying. He was saying there was going to be 3 throwback AND 3 color rush games. When it's just 3 games total. I'm repeating myself here. I was just clarifying for PaleVermilion81 that I could understand the confusion, because it was misleading.

I didn't need any clarification. All I was stating is what people were saying in response to this tweet in question.

Archived