NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I actually really like the sideline caps for this season. No plastic metallic logos. No weird generic patterns.

It's nice to see them work in each team's striping into the design.

Obviously some work better than others, but they're better than we've had.

And yet New Era still can't match the button to the goddamned contrasting brim.  Ugh.

Hats with bold stripes from parts of the uniform on one or more of the hat panels just looks dumb, IMO. It didn't really work for the adidas NHL Draft hats in 2017, either.

The hats with the shield are a little better.  

I've said it before, but I actually liked the "chrome"/metallic logos that New Era used the last couple years.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, bowld said:

Ravens pant stripe is supposed to be Black/Purple/Black. How do you screw this up?? I was gunna buy one too but now this bugs me that its wrong

DjCXl59VAAAplBy.jpg

Yet they got it right here... 

DjCXl4lV4AA5glL.jpg

Because if it was black/purple/black it would look like just one purple stripe on a black hat, this was likely done for contrast (though I guess you could argue the hat should be purple?)

On the road gray hat, you have the contrasting white to have the black stripes on the outside as it is on their white pants. 

On 7/20/2018 at 1:21 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

exactly. i found it very thoughtless, like he was going for a snarky jab rather than offering an actual critique.

like the comment on the Cardinals, "the white shapes on the jersey don't accomplish anything". what he means to say is he doesn't like it, because it certainly does accomplishe something. and this is the difference between critique and opinion. im not the biggest fan of the Cards' jersey design either, BUT the design is their own and cannot be confused for any other team's. when viewing on TV, this is important because its shape and color that you "read" from tv angles. when you have a stripe or design element that is unique to 1 team, it accomplishes making that team distinct and instantly recognizable. the Cardinal's design works perfectly in that regard. why don't i like it? well, he's right that there is a clash of personality or eras— the helmet with the grey mask is at odds with the Reebok era design.

i also think "dated modernism" is a terrible term because the Reebok uniforms had nothing to do with a Modernism movement and because they are no longer in style, they are no longer within any contemporary design trends. i dont think that means they no longer work or are no longer attractive, (i still believe Atlanta is the NFL's best uniform) but i dont think we have a term to properly describe that style trend, outside of "reebok era". 

I think the language could have been more precise, but I think I understand what he's going for. To use your example, while the Falcons' uniform is unmistakeably from the early 2000s, their various panels and swooshes all arguably reflect the wing of the falcon logo - parallel red, white, and black areas spreading out and evoking motion. In contrast, it's tough to discern any unifying theme from the Cardinals' splotches of color around their uniform. They have a yoke on the road uniform, shoulder pinstripe outlines on both uniforms, splotches of color in the armpits, then spike-shaped panels starting in the armpits and ending on the thighs. Despite the curved lines and piping throughout the uniform, they have fairly standard block numbers, and obviously a very traditional helmet. The whole thing appears to be a grab bag of early-00s design ideas, and I think that's what the author is trying to communicate when he says that the shapes "don't accomplish anything."

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

This is dumb.

Eagles2.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The most important part of this announcement...

The throwbacks are the official dark uniform.

THE NAVY JERSEY IS DEAD.

VmWIn6B.png

Also looks like the Rams are still geting new uniforms in 2020 as well. I'm kinda suprised NFL finally gave in and are letting the Rams make the throwbacks their primary color uniforms and still get new look when the Inglewood stadium opens. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Forgive me if it was already posted at some point. But did Miami unveil a new set of aqua pants when they adjusted their uniform colors for this season?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived