NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

7 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

The Dolphins have posted their home uniform schedule if you’re into that kind of thing:

http://miamidolphinsuniform.com/

More interesting to me is that they seem to have a somewhat set schedule for their white jersey games: all white at home and aqua pants on the road.

I had a feeling they would wear white for the first half, and some form of aqua at the end. I was hoping for the throwbacks to be worn against someone other than the Pats and Bills in consecutive seasons.l also wonder if Buffalo will wear their throwbacks in Miami again?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

I thought all white at home and teal pants on the road was pretty standard practice for them for the most part?

They've done Aqua pants at home before in the past. Usually it's White uniform for day games, Aqua for night games.

bSLCtu2.png

8 hours ago, beast3 said:

Kind of off topic a bit, but can anyone tell me why the Ravens wear their game uniforms in practice scrimmages, and for how long they’ve been doing this? 

wjoxkn2igxhfluprdmmz.jpg

anmrxjemfipwwobb7jyq.jpg

Those are their practice jerseys, it just so happens the ravens wear a practice jersey that is virtually identical to their game jerseys. It think right now the practice jerseys are still 51 elite jerseys, and I believe the game jerseys updated to the vapor untouchable set.

On 8/5/2018 at 10:37 PM, bowld said:

Played the Madden 19 trial and have to admit that the Jags new uniforms are great. The ability to mix and match with them is a lot of fun. Best look in my eyes is the black over teal

My son was playing against the Jags in white over black last night.  He said he really liked the teal stripes on the pants and socks.

I thought those stripes looked much more prominent than they did in any of the pictures released when the uniforms were unveiled.  That may just be the result of watching animated images instead of the real thing.

9 hours ago, beast3 said:

Kind of off topic a bit, but can anyone tell me why the Ravens wear their game uniforms in practice scrimmages, and for how long they’ve been doing this? 

wjoxkn2igxhfluprdmmz.jpg

anmrxjemfipwwobb7jyq.jpg

I think they've done this throughout the Harbaugh era.  I found a Getty Images shot from 2007 (the last season under Brian Billick) with plain jerseys (i.e., no stripes, plain block numbers).

The only difference recently is the QB jersey design.  It was red for a long time.  Now, it is black with a completely unreadable purple number.

usa-today-9414193.0.jpg081915_flacco-600.jpgjoe-flacco-nflravens-training-camp.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 minute ago, Gupti said:

What in god’s name is on Joe’s chest?

Also, fwiw, Harbaugh has always had this thing about “playing like you practice” or whatnot. Hence, practice in game jerseys.

No idea what all those are on Flukeco's chest

30 minutes ago, Gupti said:

Also, fwiw, Harbaugh has always had this thing about “playing like you practice” or whatnot. Hence, practice in game jerseys.

Those are patches players get for attending workouts, and OTAs during the off-season.

7 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Now, it is black with a completely unreadable purple number.

joe-flacco-nflravens-training-camp.jpg

Man, that's gonna make it really hard to tell Joe Flacco apart from Lamar Jackson.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

22 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

Yeah, I think the Dolphins have been doing that for a while now.

they wore white over aqua a bunch last 2 years. theres only 2 games from that timespan i can recall they wore all white. might be a little more than that but not much, and the only one last year was the Color Rush game, i believe. 

18 hours ago, msubulldog said:

I had a feeling they would wear white for the first half, and some form of aqua at the end. I was hoping for the throwbacks to be worn against someone other than the Pats and Bills in consecutive seasons.l also wonder if Buffalo will wear their throwbacks in Miami again?

i really wanted to wear throwbacks against the Raiders on MNF last year. god, that would have been one of the top uni match ups of the decade! especially since the Dolphins first game was against the Raiders, it made sense. thought it could happen this year, but we'll make them wear black for a 1:00 game. not a bad strategy. i only assume Buffalo will wear their throwbacks as well. that was a really nice looking matchup last year too. and in primetime

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

6 hours ago, Gupti said:

Jim Harbaugh when he was with the Niners had practices in game jerseys because he wanted to replicate what the players wore during the game. The practice jerseys and the game jerseys, in his opinion, don't have the same feel, fabric, etc. Things like holding, tackling, etc to him was significantly different enough from practice and game jerseys that it was worth the change.

ssjm080149ers03nm.jpg?w=517

120120553-san-francisco-49ers-training-c

49ers-practice-visit-2011-12-02.jpg

Go A's!

I remember my high school practice and game jerseys being very different from one another, notably the former using porthole mesh and loose sleeves as opposed to the gamers' more modern mesh and elastic cuffs.  

So I'm inclined to believe the Harbros have logic on their side here.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 8/2/2018 at 5:55 PM, poser said:

When your bling is iced out but that :censored: melting from all your hot bars, you got the drip.

Just another word for immense swag.
Guy 1:"Yo, that new rapper got the drip." 
Guy 2: "For real yo, he drippin."

I don't get this at all, but saw this shirt in a Tweet:

DjdJMzPU0AA99kx.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

34 minutes ago, bowld said:

Miami reportedly bringing back White retro uni next year to replace the Teal at. They really just need to go with the retro look full time

Considering they just locked themselves into 5 more years of crap font and polarizing logo, they clearly aren't going back to full-time retro any time soon.

They could have fixed one of those things with this update, and chose neither (though the colors are an absolute improvement.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Considering they just locked themselves into 5 more years of crap font and polarizing logo, they clearly aren't going back to full-time retro any time soon.

They could have fixed one of those things with this update, and chose neither (though the colors are an absolute improvement.)

The writing is on the wall - no team is going to have a redesigned uniform with block font. Since Nike took over the NFL's uniform contract in 2012, every single redesign has featured a custom font. This is true even when a redesign pushes the team in a "traditional" direction, like the Jaguars. I can think of only one team in recent memory (15+ years) who had a significant redesign using block font - the Bills, when they went to their current throwback-ish look in 2011. But that was under Reebok's watch, and even then, the Bills had never stopped using a block font. Given this observation, it would be extremely out-of-character for the Dolphins to go to a strict throwback for their primary look.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived