NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

17 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

No.

They don't.

You can't tell me there's much difference between their game and practice jerseys. 

USATSI_10986749.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

8593779_web1_raiderscampweb.jpg

Jason-Pierre-Paul-New-York-Giants-May-25

49ers-practice.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Honestly, I was siding with the practice jersey crowd until you just won me over.

I'm still not a huge fan of the Jags look, but that doesnt invalidate your point in the slightest. Well played.

11 minutes ago, Skape7 said:

Dolphins unis looking hot in live action!

https://www.miamidolphins.com/photos/dolphins-darkroom-top-shots-from-the-first-half#88e5f7a5-8212-4395-8a95-818da7b0d0ca

(Note: Dolphins photogs appear to put a filter on their photos so they look a bit darker in these pics than they actually are)

*treatment, not filter!! ;)

color correcting is actually something we're very conscious of. for instance in that photo, the whites are very pure. before the editing, the lights of the stadium cast a yellow hue onto the helmet/pants and during the day it can be blue. but the shadows/blacks are still dark in that photo so that needs to be corrected and exposure boosted a bit. all this to say, it's a process but the photos shouldn't be quite that dark post-editing and the treatment should enhance the aqua

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The Jaguars look nice. A black and gold pant stripe would look great on there, though.

The only negative: this is the best they’re ever going to look because every other combination kind of pales in comparison to this one.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

thats a good looking design if you ask me that only gets stronger as you see it multiplied— 11 guys on the field at once.

one thing i HATE about the Vapor Untouchable pants though is that they're so thin. and when you have white pants, every seam is visable and the pockets when filled with pads stand out in such an unflattering way. it looks so damn cheap

I'm surprised Nike hasn't countered this with compression shorts/pants that are white from the knee up. 

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

The Jaguars look nice. A black and gold pant stripe would look great on there, though.

The only negative: this is the best they’re ever going to look because every other combination kind of pales in comparison to this one.

both colors on a stripe? i think thats a little heavy handed. id be for a single, thin black stripe though. thinking of military style dress pants. i do dig the all black combo too; thats my favorite

59 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

I'm surprised Nike hasn't countered this with compression shorts/pants that are white from the knee up. 

they have them, but you cant make the players wear them unless NFL passes a rule making it mandatory, which they wouldnt unless there was a safety issue. sort of like when they enforced players to wear pads in their lants only a handful of years ago. before then, a lot if guys didnt. most will wear as little as possible

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

5 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

both colors on a stripe? i think thats a little heavy handed. id be for a single, thin black stripe though. thinking of military style dress pants. i do dig the all black combo too; thats my favorite

they have them, but you cant make the players wear them unless NFL passes a rule making it mandatory, which they wouldnt unless there was a safety issue. sort of like when they enforced players to wear pads in their lants only a handful of years ago. before then, a lot if guys didnt. most will wear as little as possible

Makes sense, although I guess the only somewhat logical solution would be making them the only options...if that makes sense. 

kess.png

Sharp. Miss me with that lazy "practice jersey" comment. It's not my ideal Jags uniform, but teams don't need to be heavy embellished to have a valid look, especially the Jaguars. Those colors speak for themselves, IMO. Can't let Nike brainwash you into thinking that uniforms have to be overdone and loaded with forced "unique" touches to work in modern football. Color me pleased with this answer to the last set, which was a overblown monstrosity from head to toe.

Now, if only they'd just make that the primary look....

tight.png

Meh. Like others said, not as ugly as I thought, though I'm sure that has much to do with the white jerseys doing a little better on the eye test since the swords don't contrast as much. I really hate those swords and its gonna show when they bust out that all blue look. I also am endlessly annoyed by their insistence on contributing even more navy to this league than their already is. The broken side panels still don't make any sense. Its messy "modern" looks like these that make me all the more thankful that the Jags decided that understated was the way to go.

Archived