NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

4 hours ago, lbj273 said:

Shouldn't the orange twill be the larger base piece and the white the smaller piece layered on top rather than the white being the base and the orange trim being super small and layered on top?

They used to do it that way (and still do in many cases, especially hockey), but these are kiss-cut numbers, where the trim is a thin perimeter layer sewn on top of the base layer. Doing it this way avoids doubling up the twill in the center of the number, resulting in less weight, less moisture retention, and greater flexibility.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

They used to do it that way (and still do in many cases, especially hockey), but these are kiss-cut numbers, where the trim is a thin perimeter layer sewn on top of the base layer. Doing it this way avoids doubling up the twill in the center of the number, resulting in less weight, less moisture retention, and greater flexibility.

It also prevents the number from being “bubbly” from the extra material underneith. 

6 hours ago, Skape7 said:

AFC East would be the aesthetic champion if only the Patriots would go back to their red throwbacks with Pat Patriot full time.

Yeah, but the Jets are going to :censored: that up royally next season.  Soon we’ll have two teams that need to bring back an old look. 

1 hour ago, C-Squared said:

Objectively, they do. Most teams' practice unis are stripped down of details with single-color numbers. All the Jags are missing is a Winn-Dixie ad.

It would actually be publix being the official partner of the Jacksonville Jaguars

4 hours ago, daveindc said:

The Jaguars just set a new standard for all future looks. Simple, clean, smooth athletic uniforms. No more unnecessary stripes and patterns. Just let the team colors and helmet logo be the focus of the look.

If they use teal as the primary at home, then the teal pants with either the road or alt black jersey. Creating the balance between teal and black. I can live with that

Perhaps its because they're new and will take getting used to, but the Lions blue pants on the road just looked off too me. I like that they are trying to distinguish themselves from not looking like a cowboys clone, even though the lions look came first. To me, it is visually jarring to have a colored helmet with a darker colored pants for a road uniform set

4 hours ago, daveindc said:

The Jaguars just set a new standard for all future looks. Simple, clean, smooth athletic uniforms. No more unnecessary stripes and patterns. Just let the team colors and helmet logo be the focus of the look.

I hope not I love stripes & these are just too plain but what a good looking helmet

55 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Perhaps its because they're new and will take getting used to, but the Lions blue pants on the road just looked off too me. I like that they are trying to distinguish themselves from not looking like a cowboys clone, even though the lions look came first. To me, it is visually jarring to have a colored helmet with a darker colored pants for a road uniform set

Whenever I see them in those blue pants I immediately get flashbacks to the 1995 Colts. Not even sure why my brain makes that association

9 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, but the Jets are going to :censored: that up royally next season.  Soon we’ll have two teams that need to bring back an old look. 

Are they rumored to have an off the wall redesign? If anything, I'd like for them to go back to their Wesley Walker / Boomer Esiason kelly green jerseys. Those weren't bad.

Yeah, I'm coming around on those Jaguars uniforms after seeing them in person. Much better on-field than off, and a perfect of example of why it's sometimes best to reserve judgement until you see them in action.

The Titans, though, are still a bland mess. 

The colors seem out of balance. The fact that the only touch of red on the whole set is a Swoosh is just appalling. And the helmet has a dulling effect; it's not matte, it's not shiny, it's just dull. It reminds me of well-used billiards ball. 

^^^ I have no idea what you are talking about in regards to the jaguars uniforms. I actually don’t know what is to like about this set other than the helmet, which I admit is a vast improvement over the two tone garbage they had.  But the stripe less pants and boring jersey is what a lot of people on this board complained about when they were unveiled  and to me it looks even worse on the field. These are a complete swing and a miss and I bet they will have something new or at the very least tweaked in a few years. I hope they go with a throwback option like the dolphins did so people can drool and remember that just about 15 years ago they had a top 5 look and a contemporary classic before they decided to royally screw up their uniforms beyond belief. 

40 minutes ago, Skape7 said:

Are they rumored to have an off the wall redesign? If anything, I'd like for them to go back to their Wesley Walker / Boomer Esiason kelly green jerseys. Those weren't bad.

I will be shocked if the Jets aren’t a huge step backwards.  Even - especially - if the new design references their terrible green-helmet years. 

I will admit, the Jaguars do look a little better in-game. Although they still do look a little plain & like “practice jerseys,” watching them play against the Saints, you realize their uniforms aren’t that much less designed than their opponent’s. This uniform makes me wonder if we will see a trend towards minimalism for uniforms, following the trend that design has gone towards in general for the past few years.

The Dolphins are a massive improvement, as we all agreed when the updates were unveiled. The increased orange just gives the set a little bit more of that needed “pop.”

The Titans are still “meh.” Not great, not terrible. I still wish they went more columbia heavy as opposed to navy.

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

I will admit, the Jaguars do look a little better in-game. Although they still do look a little plain & like “practice jerseys,” watching them play against the Saints, you realize their uniforms aren’t that much less designed than their opponent’s. This uniform makes me wonder if we will see a trend towards minimalism for uniforms, following the trend that design has gone towards in general for the past few years.

that has certainly been the case since 2015 in CFB, as Nike started that swing. they NFL teams keep running with their dreams of having a 2010 Pro Combat uniform, but eventually, they will come around as well. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived