2020 Winter Classic

DTConcepts

I made a logo and a set of jerseys for the 2020 Winter Classic, purely because I'm pissed off that the Islanders weren't featured in today's game. Here's all that.

main_pres1.png

The primary logo had a few major influences, one being the original Winter Classic logo, one being the ice and snow the game is named for, and the last being the view of New York's skyline from the host venue - Metlife Stadium. And I know it's a little bit of a stretch to say the Isles and Pens would fill Metlife given its size, but seeing as how it's the only major venue in New York City not to have held an NHL outdoor game, I decided to go with it.

isles_jersey_png.png

The home team would be the Islanders. They haven't had a good-looking orange jersey in their entire history, (yet!) so I figured this would be a good chance to make one. The white in the uniform is replaced with a vintage cream color, and I bet you can guess what those four stripes are for.

pens_jersey_png.png

The road team would be the Penguins. The Isles and Pens have had a rivalry for a little bit now, especially after that playoff series a few years back. The Penguins were a bit of a challenge to make a good looking white jersey that was unique yet related to their previous identities, so this is what I went with. The logo is a mix between one of their older logos and their newer ones, and the jerseys are obviously inspired by their current shoulder striping.

So that's that! What do you think?

you got your skyline backwards... from jersey  the WTC would be on the right. Empire state in the middle and Chrysler you can barely see from NJ but it would be to the left of empire. Check out the metlife stadium logo or the super bowl XLVIII logo. 

from queens (view from the islanders' new stadium.) would be  WTC, Empire, Chrysler left to right

In any case, I like the logo -- could use another non-blue color- like a orange or gold- to make it pop.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

3 hours ago, goforbroke said:

you got your skyline backwards... from jersey  the WTC would be on the right. Empire state in the middle and Chrysler you can barely see from NJ but it would be to the left of empire. Check out the metlife stadium logo or the super bowl XLVIII logo. 

from queens (view from the islanders' new stadium.) would be  WTC, Empire, Chrysler left to right

In any case, I like the logo -- could use another non-blue color- like a orange or gold- to make it pop.

This any better?

main_pres1.png

I couldn't figure out a good way to incorporate orange. If I added it to the shield on the bottom, it tipped the balance in the wrong way, and I couldn't find any way to add orange to the top and make it look good.

Archived