Crabcake

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaaaand we've got our first shocker of the offseason. 

Huge slap in the face for the Colts imo. Always love to see an Irsay get double crossed. ?

spacer.png

35 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

He must become the "Head Coach in Waiting" now or take a major NCAA job next because he's likely unhirable within the NFL.

17 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Wow. This is one hell of a gamble by McDaniels. He's basically cost himself any future interviews for any other team's head coaching job, all so he can be the guy who followed Belichick/Brady.

The NFL is a league where people with all kinds of blemishes on their records continue to get jobs.  If anything, he may have made himself seem more desirable, because (at least in his mind) he knows he's good and doesn't need to take just any job that comes along.

I agree though - there's language in his contract that says he's the next coach when Belichick retires in a year or two.  There has to be.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The NFL is a league where people with all kinds of blemishes on their records continue to get jobs.  If anything, he may have made himself seem more desirable, because (at least in his mind) he knows he's good and doesn't need to take just any job that comes along.

Backing out of a job at the last minute when the team he committed to had already hired some of his assistants and announced his introductory press conference would be tough for other teams to overlook. Especially with how terrible he was in Denver.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

LOL This wouldn't shock me at all. 

Kraft probably met McDaniels in the parking lot and promised him the HC job when Belichick retires. 

Can't say I blame Kraft for wanting to stick to them for the debacle The Colts caused all because they were sore losers. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

2 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Kraft probably met McDaniels in the parking lot and promised him the HC job when Belichick retires. 

Can't say I blame Kraft for wanting to stick to them for the debacle The Colts caused all because they were sore losers. 

I wish everyone could just move past Deflategate...

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

2 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Backing out of a job at the last minute when the team he committed to had already hired some of his assistants and announced his introductory press conference would be tough for other teams to overlook. Especially with how terrible he was in Denver.

Nah, it's the NFL.  There's not really a ton of good candidates out there.  

Now I don't think that any team would wait the way the Colts had to - he'd have to either not be in the playoffs or be knocked out early to get a job - but he'll get one if he wants it.  People in sports have shorter memories (except Kraft apparently) than anywhere else.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's not just the Colts that McDaniels screwed over, it's these guys, too. For all we know, maybe they didn't want to work for the Colts unless McDaniels was there, but they signed their contracts before he noped out. Just poor character, showing he hasn't changed at all since his Denver days. If the Colts hire someone like Toub, they might be better off in the long run.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

3 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

I think deflategate was totally overblown, and I love grudges like this.  If that's really Kraft's motive, and it's not because he genuinely cares about keeping McDaniels, then his stock just rose in my book.

1 minute ago, Brass said:

I wish everyone could just move past Deflategate...

So do I.

But It's The Patriots, so unfortunately people will always accuse them of "cheating" as long as Brady/Belichick are there. 

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I think deflategate was totally overblown, and I love grudges like this.  If that's really Kraft's motive, and it's not because he genuinely cares about keeping McDaniels, then his stock just rose in my book.

Brady obviously likes him, so that's probably reason enough for him to stay. 

Can't blame Kraft for having an ax to grind though. The phony scandal cost his team thousands of dollars and (more importantly) Draft picks. 

I hope this forces them to panic and hire Jeff :censored:ing Fisher (he still needs 1 more loss anyway). 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

I think the eagles got lucky that their candidates have so far been frozen out due to their run. Now hearing that Duce Staley might be OC for the Giants, and their QB coach could be OC somewhere else. Hopefully the Colts don’t want someone like Jim Schwartz who was thought to be a favorite for a few of the open jobs that got filled. 

Archived