Crabcake

Coordinated for a guy named Bill on a team that wore blue. 

Had some initial success, but ultimately failed as head coach for a team that wore orange.

Went back to work for Bill and the New England Patriots. 

Had a head coaching job lined up, then backed out at the last minute to return to the Patriots. 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patriots or bust for McDaniels.  I doubt any team in the league hires him after this.

Who am I kidding?  Some dumbass team would hire him.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

w/r/t this being some sort of Robert Kraft power play against Jim Irsay, back to that David Roth piece:

It’s not quite sufficient to say that the NFL is an owners’ league. It absolutely is, in the sense that every decision the league makes is made to advance the financial interests and flatter the various vanities of the owners. But, on a more mundane level, the league’s current deemphasizing of the game of football in favor of oafish executive theater—the protean expansion of the league’s metastatic rulebook, the endless rounds of stern but vague disciplinary action that issue from the commissioner’s office—is more than the owners dictating the way that their sport is overseen and organized. It is the owners making the league more explicitly about them: not just what they want, but what they do.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

w/r/t this being some sort of Robert Kraft power play against Jim Irsay, back to that David Roth piece:

In 2018 we're all just performing for the oligarchs.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 hours ago, CS85 said:

Patriots or bust for McDaniels.  I doubt any team in the league hires him after this.

Who am I kidding?  Some dumbass team would hire him.

The only team smart enough not to hire a guy like that currently employs him.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Read an article that confirmed our suspicions that McDaniels was essentially promised the Patriots job once Belichick retires. So there you go. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

The only team smart enough not to hire a guy like that currently employs him.

Remember when Belichick was the Jets coach until he backed out at the last minute?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

18 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Remember when Belichick was the Jets coach until he backed out at the last minute?

After watching the Two Bills 30 for 30 I'm seeing some weird parallels now. 

Belichick was supposed to go to the Vikings as an assistant coach but turned it down after accepting it to stay on with Parcells

The whole Jets debacle that hearing it from them honestly felt like Parcells trying to get back at Kraft for their falling out.  Belichick resigning a day or so later was just awkward.

This whole thing is just a jumble of WTF is going on.

I have not been overwhelmed by Ryan Pace with the Bears. I don't blame the John Fox hire on him because his bosses made that hire for him, but everything else has been just kinda meh. Still a little hard to see a Bears renaissance on the horizon. But one thing Pace did extremely well was not hire that little pissant McDaniels and set him up to screw the Bears the way he wound up screwing the Colts. Congratulations to the Bears on dodging a cannonball.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Jimmy Garoppolo - Highest Paid player in the NFL. 

5 years, $137.5 million

Is he even worth that kind of money? I know that they went 5-0 with him as the starter, but that much money is going to cripple the Niners if they bungle this.

Archived