Atlantic City FC (NPSL soccer)

JaMikePA

The spade is an A?  How?  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The spade is an A?  How?  

I see it, but it would read better as an A if the C was placed lower . . . allowing the top of the C to serve as the crossbar of the A (sort of like the L in the Dodgers cap logo, but obviously not the same thing).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

6 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The spade is an A?  How?  

It’s got a pointed top (the only letter with that characteristic), it was intentionally left open at the bottom, and it’s interlocked with another letter.

I think there are some construction issues with that part, but I saw it as an ACFC monogram without question. The A and C at the corners are just support to make it read more like a card. Personally, I’d have probably gone for a solid spade in the center with the FC knocked out to avoid confusing the read, but I’d bet they used a monogram in the center to have an icon that can be used outside the card.

A valid question: why is the A/spade purple and the C black. I think it should have been the other way around given that the spade is always black in an American deck of cards.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

12 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The spade is an A?  How?  

I think the spade as an A is brilliant.  I saw it right away. 

This is superb in its conception.  The only flaw in the exection is the right leg of the A, at the top of where it is crossed by the bottom portion of the C.  The edges of the A don't seem to track the shape of the C very well right there.

4a9TEtA.png

But that is a minor defect.  Even if they can't fix it, this A + C monogram is great.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived