Chobani New Look

Cosmic

With the off-white color of the containers, it looks like those yogurt cups have been sitting around since the 70s. The old look was nothing special though, with their Denver Broncos typeface and generic fruit pictures. Upgrade I guess, but I'm not feeling the totally off-white back-drop and coice of typeface. The fruit looks nice though.

spacer.png

When I saw one a month ago, it was a suprise because it looks very 70s, but in the good way.

I find it interesting how their packaging has moved now completely away from having the percentage of milkfat.

96ff9bdf5015f1f6_chobani-2_.jpg

Its fun to see how design has went from busy to really simple and boring sans-seirf font's, to something like this that has brought back a chunky font which works better imo.

And its interesting how chobani seemed to be inspired by the 70s, while Giant/Stop&shop for their store brand yogurt, seemed to be inspired by the 80s

primary_dbdb95ea-cdc2-404e-955b-38b3d184

The problem with their old look wasn't necessarily that it was bad, rather that it was no longer unique. It used to be every brand in the yogurt aisle looked like Yoplait, then Chobani came along. Because of their dominance in the category, you look at the yogurt shelf and everything looks like Chobani. Other brands, and especially private label brands, mimicked them.

This change allows them to stand out again. The off-white color and softer word mark take them from a cold, modern feeling brand to something much more natural and nostalgic, which feels much more aligned with who they want to be.

Props to them for breaking out of the expected.

59 minutes ago, JPDesign said:

The problem with their old look wasn't necessarily that it was bad, rather that it was no longer unique. It used to be every brand in the yogurt aisle looked like Yoplait, then Chobani came along. Because of their dominance in the category, you look at the yogurt shelf and everything looks like Chobani. Other brands, and especially private label brands, mimicked them.

This change allows them to stand out again. The off-white color and softer word mark take them from a cold, modern feeling brand to something much more natural and nostalgic, which feels much more aligned with who they want to be.

Props to them for breaking out of the expected.

I meant to post this article in the OP, but that's pretty much exactly what's happening: 

http://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/why-chobani-is-reinventing-itself-and-why-it-had-no-choice/

Massive upgrade.  I love the style and choice of font.  

The company has completely redesigned its packaging, tossing out the usual white cups with the fruit photos in favor of a design inspired by 19th century American folk art, featuring a color palette borrowed from leaves and flowers and bark, and illustrations reminiscent of old seed catalogs.

Fantastic.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived