NFL Logos by MCrosby - PROJECT COMPLETE

mcrosby

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one is the first real miss for me in the thread. The volt color looks hideous with red/black, the angle of the wings is too sharp, and it just looks like an “x-treme” logo that’s hung on for too long.

I suggest that you drop volt and use white as the accent color, as it’s far cleaner. You could also adjust the angle of the wings and their size so the bird feels less “squat.” I get that it’s though to improve upon/replace the Falcons’ logo, but this isn’t it. This thread has shown that you have a multitude of fantastic modern designs under your belt, so I’m sure you can do better.

48 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

This one is the first real miss for me in the thread. The volt color looks hideous with red/black, the angle of the wings is too sharp, and it just looks like an “x-treme” logo that’s hung on for too long.

I suggest that you drop volt and use white as the accent color, as it’s far cleaner. You could also adjust the angle of the wings and their size so the bird feels less “squat.” I get that it’s though to improve upon/replace the Falcons’ logo, but this isn’t it. This thread has shown that you have a multitude of fantastic modern designs under your belt, so I’m sure you can do better.

I agree. I like their current logo so much, because it's also clearly an "F" (for Falcons). That very smart ambiguity almost completely gets lost due to the angle of the wings and because of the tail feathers, which I also find superfluous.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

3 minutes ago, Go Red Sox! said:

I agree. I like their current logo so much, because it's also clearly an "F" (for Falcons). That very smart ambiguity almost completely gets lost due to the angle of the wings.

The "F" is very redundant when the logo itself is a falcon. 

10 minutes ago, JViking5 said:

The "F" is very redundant when the logo itself is a falcon. 

Nope, it's not. On the contrary! The guy(s) who designed that very logo years ago didn't create a falcon logo, that also looks like an "F", just by accident!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

20 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

Intentional or not, labeling a falcon with f is redundant. If it were an 'A' I'd be all for it. 

Let's agree to disagree.

When you look at all those NFL primary logos, only three include the team's name (Jets, Raiders and Steelers). So why should the "F" be redundant in the first place? Just because it's not representing the city's name? There's just that primary logo, that stylized falcon, no (complete) team name, like in the NBA. To me, it makes perfect sense. Without the "F", it would just be another bird logo.

5 hours ago, Go Red Sox! said:

Let's agree to disagree.

When you look at all those NFL primary logos, only three include the team's name (Jets, Raiders and Steelers). So why should the "F" be redundant in the first place? Just because it's not representing the city's name? There's just that primary logo, that stylized falcon, no (complete) team name, like in the NBA. To me, it makes perfect sense. Without the "F", it would just be another bird logo.

On the left side of the helmet, it's just a falcon logo.. Or did the designers intentionally design it to be a backwards F?

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

On the left side of the helmet, it's just a falcon logo.. Or did the designers intentionally design it to be a backwards F?

That's not really an argument, since most of the logos on helmets are mirrored, except for the ones that aren't stylized things or animals, like Green Bay's G. This Falcons logo, like every other logo, wasn't primarily designed for being displayed on a helmet, even though most people might think that. It's displayed on the field, various other times some place inside and outside the stadium, in newspapers and other print media, on the Internet, on television, etc. And of course they always use the regular version which also represents the letter F.

49 minutes ago, Go Red Sox! said:

That's not really an argument, since most of the logos on helmets are mirrored, except for the ones that aren't stylized things or animals, like Green Bay's G. This Falcons logo, like every other logo, wasn't primarily designed for being displayed on a helmet, even though most people might think that. It's displayed on the field, various other times some place inside and outside the stadium, in newspapers and other print media, on the Internet, on television, etc. And of course they always use the regular version which also represents the letter F.

It was certainly designed to go on a helmet

12 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

It was certainly designed to go on a helmet

It was also designed for the use on helmets, but not exclusively! That's one reason why it looks like an F that's designed on purpose and not by accident. The fact that the logo is mirrored like most of the other team logos, doesn't mean that the designers had no ulterior motive.

43 minutes ago, Go Red Sox! said:

It was also designed for the use on helmets, but not exclusively! That's one reason why it looks like an F that's designed on purpose and not by accident. The fact that the logo is mirrored like most of the other team logos, doesn't mean that the designers had no ulterior motive.

It's a falcon helmet logo that replaced a falcon helmet logo.. It looks no more like an F than the previous logo did.. It looks horribly forced and contrived.. It's also redundant and senseless.. You like to reference all these other team logos - so why do none of them use the initial of their nickname on their helmet like the Falcons? Because it's stupid and redundant.. You don't need an F to imply "falcons" when the F is forced into a FALCON logo.. There's nothing clever or brilliant about it.. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that the F was not originally intended, but was noticed during or post production, and someone in marketing thought it was a clever idea and ran with it.. 

13 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I agree. Before this thread I wouldn't have thought that the (insert team here) logo was able to be improved but mcrosby has proven me wrong many times. There's a way to improve upon the falcons logo, but this isn't it.

tinysig.jpg

12 hours ago, WavePunter said:

It's a falcon helmet logo that replaced a falcon helmet logo.. It looks no more like an F than the previous logo did.. It looks horribly forced and contrived.. It's also redundant and senseless.. You like to reference all these other team logos - so why do none of them use the initial of their nickname on their helmet like the Falcons? Because it's stupid and redundant.. You don't need an F to imply "falcons" when the F is forced into a FALCON logo.. There's nothing clever or brilliant about it.. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that the F was not originally intended, but was noticed during or post production, and someone in marketing thought it was a clever idea and ran with it.. 

I never said it's clever or brillant, but it was definitely intended, because the "F" can't eventually be overlooked. So it doesn't even matter a bit whether it was originally intended or not, simply because only the final product is important.

And by saying that the "F" is "stupid and redundant" or "redundant and senseless", sorry, you just presented us your personal opinion! You could have said "I think, that it's stupid and redundant", but instead of that it just seemed you intended to present hard facts – which they are not. You might ask die-hard Falcons fans about their opinion and they might tell you that you have no idea what you're talking about, because they would say that this logo is smart, timeless and beautiful. And that's what I've read dozens of times on various sites yet. Opinions differ, yet they're just opinions.

Falcons logo history: http://sportslogohistory.com/atlanta-falcons-primary-logo

Archived