NFL Logos by MCrosby - PROJECT COMPLETE

mcrosby

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the inclusion of the original logo jaw details! I keep going back and forth on the nose... it lines up the same as the actual logo, which doesn't feel off, so I think some surrounding components are causing the discrepancy... I think the extra thickness of the whisker on the close side makes the negative space feel smaller, which in turn makes the far side past the nose feel disproportionately larger... the added width and flatness of the eye may contribute to that effect, too.

These are beautiful. Making me excited to try some new conceps.  I have a little bit to say about some of them, but I'm at work right now so I'll save that for another time.

One thing for right now is I think the bear could do without the C behind it. Or if you want could incorporate it into the eyes or mouth, that might somehow work.

On 1/16/2018 at 12:36 AM, mcrosby said:

A few options for the Giants: 

ElZDRs7.png

rA7dgLS.png

This feels like you are on the right track.  What if you made it 3-layered, N over Y over G? The Giants are never just New York, it's always New York Giants. Also your Y almost doubles as a G so maybe there's something in that too. Great work!

Okay, here is my longer reply. Not really in any particular order because I had to keep jumping back up to look at all your work, but here goes:

The Rhino is such an amazing idea. I think you should just incorporate the bolt effect just in the horn though, it seems a little bit scrambled as it is now because too much white IMO. The colors, I love it and hate it at the same time. I'd personally like to see it as the current Chargers color scheme, or the powdered blue version.

Like I said about the Bears. LOVE the character, but I don't love the 'C' being there.

With the Lions, just simply the eye is throwing me off a tad. He seems kind of sad to me. Amazing silhouette though. (I think you may have updated this from what I see in your image where it transitions from the current logos into your versions....but I don't see it as a large logo in the replies anywhere.....)

The Raiders (the "slight update" one)..... I think if you had a silver line going through the center of the "LAS VEGAS" letters that was horizontal and equal with the points of the star, it might help with the feeling of it being off balance due to just the star currently being silver. I hope that makes sense lol. Just a really thin horizontal silver line that passed through the black of "LAS VEGAS" letters.

The Saints. I really really liked that one until I realized as others have pointed out, if the gold ring is a halo, then it makes me have OCD to where my eyes want to imagine it at the top, but can't see it looking aesthetically pleasing there. Even with that being said, I still absolutely love it and think it could just be left as is.

I think for the Colts, you could take that left piece out, and it would look great, or at least make it smaller (personally I'd like it removed). Maybe you wanted it there because you were worried that without it, there wouldn't be much of a difference between the real logo and yours? I say remove it because you made the rest of the logo look so good, and I'm pretty sure I've seen the horse shoe turned into a "C" before as a concept, but not as good as you've done here. Pat yourself on the back for that one.

The Bills silhouette is great. The white line still throws me off for some reason even after the update. Maybe put some red in there? The “Nickle Blue” combo is 10/10 for me, wow.

I’m an Eagles fan, and I hate Dallas, but I’m telling you, I love what you did for them. Just the way that the spikes from the star stick out, so simple but so effective. Honestly, I think that would also be perfect for the Dallas Stars of the NHL.

The NYG one is a great idea, and I'd keep working on just the white letter one that you started out with. Just make it more recognizable as "NYG" and I think it will come out better than trying to put borders around, or adding skyscraper type shapes, save those for wordmarks. As a primary logo, I like the tall white letters the best.

I'm not a fan of the Washington or San Fran ones, they just don't seem to give off an NFL vibe to me.

The Jets one is good, it seems too bulky or something though, maybe have a green underline?

The Vikings one is top notch.

The Rams, I love it, but at the same time I want to see more versions of it. And personally I'd like to see the bold "LA" and have the rams horn as the hole for the "A" if you know what I mean. Just something I'm curious as to how it would look.

Green Bay. I like the original one you did, without the laces...maybe just make it a tiny tiny tiny bit rounder so it still reads as a football but not quite as much?

Carolina and Jacksonville need some overall tweaks for them to be considered better "updates" from the real-life versions, but I like where you're going with them.

Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati......I know you can be A LOT better and more creative with them. think BOLD logos when it comes to the NFL.

These are just my opinions as a lover of logos and design . I admire your work, you just jumped to the top of my list as a favorite concept artist and graphic designer. Can't wait to see the updates and other sets of logos from you!

I wanted the Ravens logo to feel more like the Carolina Panthers logo: a black creature coming from the shadows, only the highlights lending an idea as to what was really there.

I also wanted to put that much beloved Maryland/Baltimore flag in there, but not go Maryland Terrapins over the top with it, thus the beak.

ravens.png

ravens.png

A black to purple iridescent helmet - not too over the top with the iridescence- with metallic gold highlights.

ravenshelmet.png

This is the best Ravens logo I have ever seen.  I'm not a fan of the concepts the force red into the logos to justify the state flag angle.  This is how it's done.  That matte purple helmet too.  Fantastic.

mainescarf.png

On 1/15/2018 at 5:44 PM, mcrosby said:

I'll come back to the Giants. I'm very open to any ideas you may have for them. 

LA Rams: 

Ae81TkH.png

I actually prefer the ram head. Curious if you can update that? What you have here is great, but seems better suited as a secondary logo.

Guest darkpiranha

Love, love the Ravens.  Agree with earlier comments that it doesn't need to force red into the logo for it to still feel like Maryland checkerboard.  That idea still comes across perfectly. 

Not sold on the Chiefs yet.  Love the idea, but I don't think you've nailed the execution yet.  It doesn't look chipped so much as just randomly jaggy.  Googling arrowhead images shows that most of them are relatively smooth and uniform with small nicks in them.  Alternately, instead of notches and jags, what about just using a darker shade to indicate where chips and carvings are.

12 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Take off the checkerboard on BAL and you've got it.

I agree with the checkerboard on the beak. I know you're going for the state flag, but it seems forced here. If you want to work it in somewhere, why not try sublimating it into the helmet. where it's just barely visible but you know it's there? Something where it shows up in the right light?

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

I echo the anti-checkerbeak movement. I think it feels too forced and unnecessary.

I also think that for the bengals, they need a tiger. Their current design isn't great, and your update reads as MC.

And when you get to the patriots, I think bringing back an updated Pat the Patriot would be best.

tinysig.jpg

Archived