Future Retired Number Banner Concepts (NHL Added)

mattr1198

I just talked to a buddy whonworked for the Preds office. I mentioned the probable division banner, for this season. He said that the Conference Champs banner was designed as the template for all future banners, including retired numbers.

On a side note, I don't know that we'll retire Weber's number. The general consensus, among the fans, is that Rinne is the only number we have that should be retired. I wouldn't be shocked if we did, but let's be honest, the Preds haven't really accomplished much, that can be brought into Weber's returement argument.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, according to h-r, #9 hasn't been worn in Raleigh while the other Hartford numbers have gone back into circulation (or re-retired, as for Glen Wesley). Huh, sure do wonder why the guy from Michigan who who was obsessed with the Red Wings would make sure only Howe's number stayed retired.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

this is a great concept.

just my two cents on the teams i root for:

while it looked like a sure thing last january, now it'll be a cold day in hell before the islanders ever retire john tavares' number.

the mets have a VERY high litmus test for player retired numbers (usually only reserved for franchise-defining guys who also are in the hall of fame: seaver and piazza). they'll break the HOF rule for david wright, but reyes doesn't stand a chance.

as for the nets, don't think either carter or lopez fit the bill.  

Archived