mattr1198

Future Retired Number Banner Concepts (NHL Added)

I just talked to a buddy whonworked for the Preds office. I mentioned the probable division banner, for this season. He said that the Conference Champs banner was designed as the template for all future banners, including retired numbers.

On a side note, I don't know that we'll retire Weber's number. The general consensus, among the fans, is that Rinne is the only number we have that should be retired. I wouldn't be shocked if we did, but let's be honest, the Preds haven't really accomplished much, that can be brought into Weber's returement argument.

General consensus at Jere Lehtinen's retirement game was that Zubov's 56 is next in Dallas.

On 9/28/2018 at 5:39 PM, the admiral said:

It was retired by the Whalers and reinstated by the Hurricanes.

I think that with the new ownership with the Whalers, we'll see those numbers retired soon

Well, according to h-r, #9 hasn't been worn in Raleigh while the other Hartford numbers have gone back into circulation (or re-retired, as for Glen Wesley). Huh, sure do wonder why the guy from Michigan who who was obsessed with the Red Wings would make sure only Howe's number stayed retired.

this is a great concept.

just my two cents on the teams i root for:

while it looked like a sure thing last january, now it'll be a cold day in hell before the islanders ever retire john tavares' number.

the mets have a VERY high litmus test for player retired numbers (usually only reserved for franchise-defining guys who also are in the hall of fame: seaver and piazza). they'll break the HOF rule for david wright, but reyes doesn't stand a chance.

as for the nets, don't think either carter or lopez fit the bill.