Alaska Anchorage Seawolves Concept: Sun Added 1/17/18

hettinger_rl

38 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I actually really dig your original redesign. Very slick looking. 

By your first description of a Sea Wolf in Haida culture (four legs with a whale-like tail) I thought of a Mosasaur. 

jurassicworldposter2banner.png

Right! Perhaps the stories were inspired by fossils found by ancestors.

Gonna add this here so it is viewed on this page:

2lwwrvo.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

i think the lines on the, i dunno, ear/dorsal fin(?), could be cleaned up to preserve the shape and points.  I actually really liked the design you had in that area on the first one, but don't know if that'd be "too much" for this version.  love it though.  

23 hours ago, B-mer said:

i think the lines on the, i dunno, ear/dorsal fin(?), could be cleaned up to preserve the shape and points.  I actually really liked the design you had in that area on the first one, but don't know if that'd be "too much" for this version.  love it though.  

Newest Tweaks:

2dwgvmh.jpg

And a progression of the tweaks:

53tq0z.jpg

47 minutes ago, Section30 said:

Looks really good, just wondering what it would look like if you added the circle behind it like the current logo has

Yes, add that midnight sun!

rATMcmK.png

17 hours ago, Section30 said:

Looks really good, just wondering what it would look like if you added the circle behind it like the current logo has

16 hours ago, Whittier S said:

Yes, add that midnight sun!

New formula! Now with more sun!

x0xil3.jpg

1 hour ago, TShaw528 said:

It kinda looks like the sun should be peeking out a little in the bottom left of the logo. Throws it off a little in my mind

W6lvnMC.png

Yes it did peek out. I was trying to get it more like the original, plus it was such a little sliver that it was distracting anyway. I could've made the sun smaller, but then there was a sliver on the bottom. I could've moved the sun down some, but then it created a distracting space by the brow. To be honest, these were the reasons that I tried to just leave the circle off.

seawolves.jpg

i had the same thought about the alignment of the sun.  Here's a thought though.. what about incorporating the sun as the eye (which you kind of did in the update, whether that was intentional or not).  As much as i like the eye as is in your concept, maybe take a shot and something similar to the original in terms of making use of the native shape.  Maybe see how that looks and go from there.  Probably a dead end since your update is so good.  

Or, easier solution would be to adjust the neck, maybe elongate it a bit to get it to line up similarly to the original.

On 1/17/2018 at 9:39 PM, hettinger_rl said:

Yes it did peek out. I was trying to get it more like the original, plus it was such a little sliver that it was distracting anyway. I could've made the sun smaller, but then there was a sliver on the bottom. I could've moved the sun down some, but then it created a distracting space by the brow. To be honest, these were the reasons that I tried to just leave the circle off.

seawolves.jpg

I think that you could resolve that awkward bottom left corner by making the neckline of your logo more straight as it is in this original logo. I think that I would like it better that way as well. 

spacer.png

Archived