Don't Call it a Comeback: The Grand Return of the XFL (New York Posted 6/11)

Bruins

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicago Windstorm is really unique I like it

New York Gargoyles is golden

California Aftershock, Maybe since San Andreas is all of California

St. Louis.... Griffins, griffins are always cool:P

Boston Gunners, Soldiers, Leviathans are all good names

Also;

LV Blackjax, gamblers, venom have all been cool suggestions

Texas Coyotes, Rattlesnakes (or any snake really), or maybe space because Houston has a cool thing going on where they are all space themed teams

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

20 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Chicago Windstorm is really unique I like it

New York Gargoyles is golden

California Aftershock, Maybe since San Andreas is all of California

St. Louis.... Griffins, griffins are always cool:P

Boston Gunners, Soldiers, Leviathans are all good names

Also;

LV Blackjax, gamblers, venom have all been cool suggestions

Texas Coyotes, Rattlesnakes (or any snake really), or maybe space because Houston has a cool thing going on where they are all space themed teams

I like Las Vegas Gamblers...literally golden, as their color.

As the league expands...south Louisiana...New Orleans Flambeaux = (flame boys) the awesome guys at Mardi Gras that walk around with fire poles and get money thrown at them!!!

This is the first draft of names I'm thinking, not final just my faves so far:

Boston Bruisers, Massacre

California Shock, Mountain Lions, Aftershock

Chicago Windstorm, Butchers

Detroit Muscle, Machine

Las Vegas Gamblers, Venom, Atoms

New York Gargoyles, Kongs

St. Louis Stampede (just got the reference to Budweiser) Is there another fierce horse term?

Texas Bigfoots

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Boston Rebels

Chicago Untouchables (or Chicago Ten) - Referring to Eliot Ness and 9 other men in law enforcement who helped end Al Capone's empire

Detroit Classics - A nod to classic cars.  The branding could be amazing.

Las Vegas Outlaws (The BEST brand in the original XFL)

California Gauchos

New York Knights - I wish Titans could be used, but you know why it can't. :(

St. Louis Pioneers

Texas Thunder

mainescarf.png

Man. It's been a while since I've participated around here, despite lurking since forever.

Either way, with the rumors behind a new XFL looming, this seemed relevant. One of the things I thought about though that was especially inspired by the logo is that the 'edgy' aesthetic of both the league identity and the team identities from the original league would be seriously outdated. But it should still have some kind of unique touch to the identities. That said, one of the things I tried to do is find ways of making the teams a collective (IOW, non-plural) nickname that still projected some sort of extra aggression.

Boston Rebellion (Boston was obviously one of the important locations of the Revolution, with several team names paying homage to that, and the alliteration helps. Plus 'rebellion' definitely fits for the supposed 'upstart' league)

Chicago Untouchables (Echoing the earlier suggestion from another user, while it's again not a non-plural name, it gives a shout-out to Chicago's past without making overt gangster overtures and again just sounds like it's tough and imposing)

Detroit Machine (Oblique reference to the city's car manufacturing, along with a low-key one to Robocop, and again sounds collective while still sounding imposing in a way of something superhuman and insurmountable)

Las Vegas Jokers (Again, couldn't get a non-plural name that seemed fitting, but it comes in with the usual gambling allusion, and while not as 'tough' sounding as the others without referencing a certain comic character, it also gives a sense of unpredictability, a surprise to worry about)

California Los Angeles Aftershock (Aftershock, as others have suggested, definitely fits the theme I'm going with, but feels off with the 'California' name. LA Aftershock has a bit of alliteration that rolls of the tongue better.

New York Empire (Because why not? It sounds better than Emperors, with the obvious allusions and makes the team sound like an imposing dynasty right off the bat)

St. Louis Gatekeepers (Couldn't think of a good non-plural name, but St. Louis is the 'Gateway to the West', and gatekeepers need to be tough to keep out the riff-raff. Just woe unto the incarnations of the team that end up middling, due to the prerequisite jokes that'd inspire)

Texas Stampede (Believe it was another earlier suggestion, but it gives obvious allusion to Texas' cowpoke past and other established teams, while leaving an image of an unstoppable, collective force)

8VvwoNps.png

St. Louisan here. Stampede would be perfect. It's non-plural, high-energy, but without it being too tacky. Also we once had an AFL team by that name.

Dont be afraid to recycle some identities from the last XFL, like the Thunderbolts, Maniax, Outlaws, there were some good ones in there.

Boston Rebellion

Chicago Flames

Detroit Devils

Las Vegas Outlaws

California Suns

New York, New York

St. Louis Rams - they lost their team, now they can have their team back. or Beats as in music beats

Texas Lone Stars

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Name update:

Boston: I'm not sure I'm totally sold on Bruisers anymore, it really doesn't have anything to do with Boston, and tying to the city is a large factor for me in choosing a name. Undecided. Really like BiB's Massacre and MSF's Rebellion suggestions, although I wanted to go a different route than the Rev. War, they're the best options so far. I actually tend to prefer Massacre ever so slightly as far as names alone go even though Rebellion's been suggested multiple times, since it's so close to Revolution. I don't however know how well I could work w/ a red coat theme, which makes me lean back towards Rebellion. Becoming one of the harder choices.

California (LA?): So Mountain Lions is hanging on by a thread, since a ) I'd like to keep the animal names to a minimum and b ) the UFL team. Shock or Aftershock are the two main choices in my mind, and California Shock just sounds really legit. Probably what I'll end up going with.

Chicago: Windstorm is my favorite option, because I can see a slate, gray, and silver ticked off anthropomorphic cloud type mascot ending up really cool. Butchers is also really good, but I don't wanna step on any toes with Veras' team of the same name.

Detroit: The first team I'm starting work on, since I'm pretty set on the Muscle nickname, with a muscle car theme. After all which cars are more xtreme than them? Using a color scheme of hot-rod orange, some shade of blue, and of course silver. Gonna try to incorporate the famous large fist statue in Detroit somehow as well.

Las Vegas: Gamblers is super awesome, as is Venom. I think Gamblers would be great as an XFL brand, since there's such vivid imagery that not many other leagues would touch. But Venom also makes a ton of sense for Vegas and the XFL, and is more ferocious. Another tough choice here.

New York: Neo's Gargoyles is just too killer to pass up. Already have tons of ideas for it. I gotta tell you though Brian sold me so well on the Kongs sug, I'm kinda torn! :lol:

St. Louis: Stampede's my frontrunner because it really is the fiercest word associated w horses. Although two of my other faves, Gatekeepers has limited imagery and Clydesdales are too closely related to the word beautiful.

Texas: Perhaps Bigfoots would be better for a potential Seattle team, what do you guys think, Bigfoots for TX or SEA? RCC's Chupacabras could also be cool for a more Texas-related name, although wordy.

Like I said Detroit will be first, but I'd still love to hear your suggestions/opinions on the remaining 7 teams! Thx guys!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Archived