NFL Jersey Questions

CrimsonBull9584

As a Christmas gift to myself, I ordered a Seahawks Color Rush jersey. The last time I bought a Seahawks jersey was when I ordered a Lofa Tatupu jersey, so it's been a while. What I ordered back then was basically a screen print of the uniform on an actually mesh jersey. When I ordered the Color Rush jersey, it was basically a shiny, slick t-shirt that looked like a Seahawks jersey. This was NFL Shop's "Legend Jersey", which was comparable in price to the jerseys I use to order back in the day. Yet, upon close inspection, the $150 "Player jersey" seems to actually be more or less like what I was expecting. So I'm not left to wonder what Nike did when they took over. Did they up the price of the jerseys and charge people $80 for fancy t-shirts? Or dose Nike consider a T-shirt a jersey now? I'm really confused and upset that I didn't get what I wanted and I think it's highway robbery for me to pay $150 with Nike for something that Reebok made for $60 only a few years ago.

Any thoughts?

5 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Always do research on jersey models before purchasing....dont assume the current cost will give you the same quality you got previously.

The link below is from Nike describing the differences.

https://help-en-us.nike.com/app/answer/article/nfl-jersey/a_id/22889/country/us

Fair enough, but how does Nike justify $80 for a t-shirt? The description says it's a jersey, but its just a replica shirt. You don't charge $80 for t-shirt, so how exactly are they getting away with this? Even the description for what I got said jersey, not shirt. 

3 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Fair enough, but how does Nike justify $80 for a t-shirt? The description says it's a jersey, but its just a replica shirt. You don't charge $80 for t-shirt, so how exactly are they getting away with this? Even the description for what I got said jersey, not shirt. 

I mean, what is the specific line between a t-shirt and a jersey? They are certainly more jersey-like than the actual cotton t-shirts with names on the back. I believe the jersey you ended up with is new for 2017 and is simply sublimated instead of screenprinted or stitched... I suppose the cut of the garment and the NFL chip constitutes a jersey, but you're right, it feels very Dri Fit t-shirt-ish, and overpriced for the quality... another reason the counterfeit market is so strong.

Archived