Carolina Hurricanes Redesign - Help needed!

Midnight 7 design

I'm currently working on a redesign of the Carolina Hurricanes logo and need A LOT of help. I'm happy with the concept, but this style of design is slightly out of my comfort zone. Ignoring the colours for the moment, i'm struggling with making this concept work. I think the "H" is the big problem. Any help to improve the design would be appreciated, as right now I'm not happy with it.

l3gu5OC.png

I like the second one a lot better than the first, but I feel like there's a lot happening in it. The design itself is perfect, but I still feel like the millions of intricate curves and spikes and whatnot are unnecessary. If you could simplify the shape but keep the second iteration of the 'C-H' you'd be golden.

1 hour ago, Zeus89725 said:

I like the second one a lot better than the first, but I feel like there's a lot happening in it. The design itself is perfect, but I still feel like the millions of intricate curves and spikes and whatnot are unnecessary. If you could simplify the shape but keep the second iteration of the 'C-H' you'd be golden.

Agree with this. The way the logo looks right now, it looks like it's had a furry texture instead of a wind texture. I would try simplifying the lines to make it more windy looking.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

I wouldn't worry about incorporating an H into the main logo. I think you could take a logo close to what you have now, with the focus on the C, and then in a secondary logo, incorporate an H the way you did in your first logo.

rATMcmK.png

C = the upper half of the white shape

H = the lower part of that C plus the "spur" coming off and down from it

If the H part were eliminated, the C part would be much more obvious.

rATMcmK.png

Archived