Super Bowl LIII Logo

pitt6pack

With the Super Bowl LIII logo expected to be revealed in a little over a week from now (who are we kidding, it'll look something like this: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4RsXzdUoAAcFf5.jpg), I decided to throw my hat in the ring on this one to make a concept of my own.

YVsicor.png

I know it is a little pixelated, but all I've got to work with (or know how to use at least) is MS Paint.

I'm still a bit unsure if I've got the colors nailed down, or if I should add a dark outline to the whole logo for when it is displayed on a light background, or jerseys and a field. 

Let me know what you all think!

First of all, I think that creating a logo like this in MS Paint deserves some kind of award. Much respect.

Second, it's too creative for the NFL, though I wish they'd go back to unique SB logos and this is a good start to do so.

bufg.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Only critique I have is placing the Roman numerals on the same line and same height with the Super bowl ribbon intertwining all four letters/numbers. 

Agreed. I think the size of all of the numerals should be the same. Changing the height of those in the middle signify that they're less important.

gYH2mW9.png

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Only critique I have is placing the Roman numerals on the same line and same height with the Super bowl ribbon intertwining all four letters/numbers. 

4 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

Agreed. I think the size of all of the numerals should be the same. Changing the height of those in the middle signify that they're less important.

Good point. The one reason I didn't do that to begin with is because of the 'L', and I didn't want the empty space between the top of the 'L' and the first 'I'. There's still empty space at the bottom and right, but I figured it would be better there where the peach splits. I see what you mean though, my eyes get drawn mostly to the 'L' and the last 'I', and the middle I's get less focus. It would be faster for me to draw the changes first and post them and see how it looks first. I could then bring the ribbon down a bit. I'll try a couple things and post the best here. Thanks for the input

Okay, so I drew up a logo with the same sized numerals, to see what it looked like first (so ignore the color scheme for this one, it's as close as I could get it with what I have)

vHlnxrf.jpg

I think the equally sized numerals is an improvement, but I think I'd still like to try and find a way to center the numerals between the 'LI' and 'II' somehow.

23 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Here's another attempt at numerals at the same height, while trying to keep the center between the LI and II 

uMqoHI3.png

Lovin' the Logo!

For some reason though, it feels more like they are playing in Miami for the Orange Bowl in spite of the obvious peach. Or it's a logo promoting the Dolphins in the Super Bowl.

Perhaps if the Falcons color scheme was used along w/ the orange and blue, it might just work out....

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2018 at 5:01 PM, pitt6pack said:

Okay, so I drew up a logo with the same sized numerals, to see what it looked like first (so ignore the color scheme for this one, it's as close as I could get it with what I have)

vHlnxrf.jpg

I think the equally sized numerals is an improvement, but I think I'd still like to try and find a way to center the numerals between the 'LI' and 'II' somehow.

On 1/19/2018 at 9:25 PM, cwilz305 said:

Lovin' the Logo!

For some reason though, it feels more like they are playing in Miami for the Orange Bowl in spite of the obvious peach. Or it's a logo promoting the Dolphins in the Super Bowl.

Perhaps if the Falcons color scheme was used along w/ the orange and blue, it might just work out....

I was thinking the same thing kind of, and I think the color is what is making me think orange (hence Miami), so I tried a couple different shades. 

Anyone have thoughts on a way to make the peach look less like an orange?

olgVBCF.png

• 2 weeks later...

Love them.... you should make secondary and alternate logos....with the Lombardi trophy, the date of the game and city abbreviation, and add a CBS eye logo underneath the logo like the networks do when they present their telecast

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived