NCAA Hockey Re-Design (COMPLETE)

T-ROY

After nearly 3 years of working on this, I have finally completed what started out as a complete 59-team (now 60) re-design of every D1 hockey program in the NCAA. When I first started this I wanted to post them all at once, yet I had no idea it would take me this long to do. But here it is.

Notes:

- All jerseys were done with a CCM template simply for my sake of not having multiple templates.

- The helmets in the pictures will seem off on some images, that's simply because I started off with having a home & away helmet and it was easier to just erase the one helmet instead of doing that and re-positioning it on every image. I eventually decided to just go with the singular helmet that they do presently.

- Helmets don't have cages, this was an oversight.

- Names on the jerseys are not up to date. Goes to show how long it took me to do this.

- I tried my best to have every team have a unique striping pattern from each other.

- Some jerseys build off jerseys that they team may have already used.

Atlantic Hockey
BIG 10 / Independent

ECAC

Hockey East

NCHC

WCHA

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

First off, congratulations on tackling such a big project. It's so easy to just stop or get sidetracked, so kudos there.

Second, the quality of work here is excellent. In almost every case, you've given these teams a uniform set that builds and improves on what they already have. There are a few misses - I'm not crazy about Denver, especially those nameplates - but the overwhelming majority are hits.

Take a bow. You've earned it. Love to see what you've got next.

20 hours ago, NoE38 said:

Love these. That template looks really sharp. Kudos on a great project.

15 hours ago, Eric Westhaver said:

First off, congratulations on tackling such a big project. It's so easy to just stop or get sidetracked, so kudos there.

Second, the quality of work here is excellent. In almost every case, you've given these teams a uniform set that builds and improves on what they already have. There are a few misses - I'm not crazy about Denver, especially those nameplates - but the overwhelming majority are hits.

Take a bow. You've earned it. Love to see what you've got next.

Thanks to both of you, I'm honestly just surprised it took me this long.

As for Denver, there were a few teams that I did and ended up revisiting. I considered Denver, but ultimately decided to keep it as is. I have an idea on what I could do for them so I'll update that when I get a chance. I'm 100% with you on the nameplates.

This project is also completely up for C&C. Willing to do fixes and changes so let me here it!

I really enjoy most of these designs. I'm very glad that you removed black from the AAU Seawolves. North Dakota's design was a little disappointing. The striping seems thin there. 

The only other thing that bothered me was that you gave the Golden Gophers a maroon helmet. The gold helmet has become pretty iconic, and would work well with the designs that you have. 

This post might seem negative overall, but it's easier to mention the small flaws than to write out all of the good things about this series, lol.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 1/28/2018 at 3:56 PM, chcarlson23 said:

I really enjoy most of these designs. I'm very glad that you removed black from the AAU Seawolves. North Dakota's design was a little disappointing. The striping seems thin there. 

The only other thing that bothered me was that you gave the Golden Gophers a maroon helmet. The gold helmet has become pretty iconic, and would work well with the designs that you have. 

This post might seem negative overall, but it's easier to mention the small flaws than to write out all of the good things about this series, lol.

Yea North Dakota was a struggle. Did a few designs for them and was never really to keen on any of them. I'll come back to them at some point.

I didn't even know about Minnesota, had I known I 100% would've kept the helmet.

And yea I'm the same way so no sweat. If you're simply lauded for everything you'll never know how to get better.

Archived