Super Bowl LIII logo

Pharos04

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks so imbalanced. There's way too much visual weight on the III side and not enough on the L side. This could've worked a lot better if they placed the Lombardi trophy on the far left and have the Roman numerals all next to each other on the right of the trophy.

17 hours ago, cracksilog said:

This looks so imbalanced. There's way too much visual weight on the III side and not enough on the L side. This could've worked a lot better if they placed the Lombardi trophy on the far left and have the Roman numerals all next to each other on the right of the trophy.

If they want to keep this going they might have to move the trophy back above the numerals. It's going to look even worse in 2020 when it's L (trophy) IV.

The boring logo system was fine for the first two years, then it turned into a mess. Adding buildings and landscape elements to just make it all fit. It's like they didn't even look ahead towards the problems the roman numerals would create.

Could they do a stacked version with L over top of III on the left, and the trophy (equal height to both) on the right?  So it would be more squarish?  Might look good once they get to L over V

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

56 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Could they do a stacked version with L over top of III on the left, and the trophy (equal height to both) on the right?  So it would be more squarish?  Might look good once they get to L over V

Except that isn't how you present Roman numerals. Their order matters. VL is different from LV, and if they aren't presented in that order, it doesn't work.

We KNOW what the number is supposed to be, I get it, but that doesn't make it right.

It's where I sit.

21 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Except that isn't how you present Roman numerals. Their order matters. VL is different from LV, and if they aren't presented in that order, it doesn't work.

We KNOW what the number is supposed to be, I get it, but that doesn't make it right.

L over top of V wouldn't be read as "LV"?  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

It worked for this

logo-wm15.jpg

That was actually what gave me the idea.

Super%20Bowl%20LIII%20Logo.jpg

http://www.myajc.com/sports/leadoff-atlanta-super-bowl-gets-second-logo-from-nfl/ZD3mMsWBQy11SELltjcByH/

Similar to how this year used purple and light blue throughout Minneapolis and the stadium, next year there will be 'electric' red along with navy.

so...they made an article about how the Official logo is now the "second" logo but they still think the Host Committee Logo is the actual logo......

one of the main reasons I hate the "Host Committee" having a logo that has nothing to do with the event

One thing that does really annoy me about the Post-50 brand Super Bowl logos(other than the standardized format), is The placement of the Lombardi Trophy. 

The had a great opportunity to be a smidge creative and make it Represent the "I". But instead, every time I've looked at both 51 & 52, I keep having to do a double take because my mind does instinctively view the trophy as an "I".    

Anyone else ever have that problem? 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

2 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

I still don't understand why Atlanta is blue and silver, Unless they are trying to push conference colors on the host cities.

With LI red and LII blue, LIII should've been something like copper or orange (Peach State), LIV could be teal, and LV like lime green

6 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

I still don't understand why Atlanta is blue and silver, Unless they are trying to push conference colors on the host cities.

Possibly because the logo is supposed to be evocative of the host City and not the resident franchise?

This the flag of the City of Atlanta

us-ga-at.gif

Dark blue, but probably couldnt incorporate the gold as it would conflict too much with the silver lettering. 

6 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

Probably because the idea of the colouring having any ties to the locale was something users here decided was the case instead of something the NFL itself decided. 

Based off of every logo since Super Bowl 50? It seems to be as simple as “red for AFC venues, blue for NFC venues.” 

It should have been obvious for Super Bowl LII. Blue isn’t anywhere to be found in the Vikings’ colour scheme. 

16 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

Possibly because the logo is supposed to be evocative of the host City and not the resident franchise?

This the flag of the City of Atlanta

us-ga-at.gif

Interesting, but I don’t see it. Atlanta’s city flag is pretty generic, following a template many US states and cities use. It’s not likely something that someone looking to reference Atlanta specifically would draw on. 

I really think it’s as simple as “the AFC venues get red-highlighted logos and the NFC venues get blue-highlighted logos.”

On 2018-02-05 at 2:45 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

It worked for this

logo-wm15.jpg

This wouldn’t even be the most flagrant misuse of numbing in WrestleMania logo history. 

Archived