NFL.com Uniform Article

Snowcap30

on a TUESDAy MORNING QUARTERBACK article on NFL.com i read, it said that the packers were goin to wear all yellow in october.

On an exclusive basis, Tuesday Morning Quarterback has learned that when the Green Bay Packers host Dallas on Oct. 24, they will take the field in the NFL's first all-yellow uniform. See accompanying photo of Brett Favre modeling the Pack's tradition-smashing all-yellow look. Remember, this is a TMQ exclusive.

here is the whole story all about uniforms

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/7562631

is this new news?

untitled-1.png

If it's true, it would be new news. Given that the photo was a photoshop job (and not very good, given that the white in the sleeve stripes is even yellow), I'm doubting it. I'll keep looking, though.

My thoughts, if true: :puke::cursing:

It's where I sit.

"Then there is the annoying new practice of special-occasion monochrome outfits. In recent years, for individual games the Bengals and Jax have gone all-black, the Browns and Dolphins all-orange, the Falcons all-red, the Eagles and Jets all-green, and the Bills have shown a monochrome of their dismal new color, Nineteenth Century Rusting Russian Dreadnaught Aft Bulkhead Cyanic. The Ravens announced they will wear all-black on Nov. 7, when they host Cleveland. If the Browns go all-orange, it would be the Tootsie Roll Bowl."

That line about the Bills uniform had me ROTFLMFAO!!!!!! ^_^

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

And since when have Tootsie Rolls been black and orange?

Well, the wrappers are. :D

I think he meant the Dolphins went all aqua.

He forgot (bless him) the Chargers, Broncos and Bears going all navy. Cardinals all red. Any others?

It's where I sit.

Well, he also said the it seems like the Bengals and Falcons take the field in different uniforms every year, when in fact, both teams have just made the first major changes to their uniforms in a long time. Sure there have been tweaks, but just about every team does that somewhere down the line. I think he needs to be better informed, even if he is just joking. Joking is serious, people! :D

"Then there is the annoying new practice of special-occasion monochrome outfits. In recent years, for individual games the Bengals and Jax have gone all-black, the Browns and Dolphins all-orange, the Falcons all-red, the Eagles and Jets all-green, and the Bills have shown a monochrome of their dismal new color, Nineteenth Century Rusting Russian Dreadnaught Aft Bulkhead Cyanic. The Ravens announced they will wear all-black on Nov. 7, when they host Cleveland. If the Browns go all-orange, it would be the Tootsie Roll Bowl."

say what you want about the Brewns' orange jersey. they've never worn teh orange pants with them, however...unless you count an orange helmet, orange jersey and white pants as all orange. and the Dolphins have never even had orange pants so there's no way they could go all orange. they've gone all aqua but never all orange.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

If there's any loyal readers of Easterbrook, they will know that he frequently does TMQ "Exclusives" that are jokes. This IS a joke.

One of the exclusives was after the Bucs/Giants MNF game, when he said that Ronde played for New York and Tiki played for Tampa. How were you gonna prove him wrong? :P

It's clearly a joke. Note how they made sure you knew it was their exclusive story...that wasn't because they wanted credit for knowing about it first...

He seems pretty uninformed about uniform changes...

Falcons and Bengals change every other year? The Falcons changed last year for the first time in about 10-15 years (this black to red change hardly counts), and the Bengals had their jersey for at least 20, didn't they?

Also, the only uniform he gets right criticizing is the Bills, and they did need some sort of a change, they just screwed it up. I mean, the Cowboys need something done, but they didn't screw it up...actually...did they even change at all from their SB winning jerseys?

Archived