NFL.com Uniform Article

Snowcap30

I honestely don't think the Packers in all-yellow would look as bad as people think.

That said, I don't want to see it happen. There's a set of unwritten rules that applies to the teams with the most championships in their respective sports (Packers, Yankees, Celtics and Canadiens) when it comes to unis:

-Only evolutionary changes are to be made.

-Trends/fads must be held off if/until they go so far into the norm that the change becomes necessary (ex: color matching cleats)

-Must do everything possible to reflect the sports' history as a whole (Cetics black sneakers, Yankees nameless jerseys, etc.)

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

It's clearly a joke. Note how they made sure you knew it was their exclusive story...that wasn't because they wanted credit for knowing about it first...

He seems pretty uninformed about uniform changes...

Falcons and Bengals change every other year? The Falcons changed last year for the first time in about 10-15 years (this black to red change hardly counts), and the Bengals had their jersey for at least 20, didn't they?

Also, the only uniform he gets right criticizing is the Bills, and they did need some sort of a change, they just screwed it up. I mean, the Cowboys need something done, but they didn't screw it up...actually...did they even change at all from their SB winning jerseys?

The falcons should have gone with a red jersey last year instead of black.

as for the cowboys, i think only minor tweaks have been made to the jersey.

by the way, is the cowboys practice jersey just a practice jersey or is a new set of uniforms they will be wearing? Whichever, they should use them as regular jerseys.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

It is just a practice jersey. Tampa Bay also has unique practice jerseys. BTW I think Tampa's is actually better than their real ones.

tampa's practice jerseys are nice, but they couldnt use them full time as the primaries. there to close to atlanta's jerseys.

Might as well get ready for it, sports fans....we're sure to see the Browns in their all-orange hunting uniforms this year. Hope Butch Davis doesn't get in a hunting accident... :D

BTW, I don't believe the Foreskins have ever worn all-burgundy...they did wear all-white for the first 3 games last year though.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

From Gannett Wisconsin McNewspapers:

In case you heard or read a report that suggested otherwise, the Green Bay Packers will not be wearing yellow jerseys when they play the Dallas Cowboys at Lambeau Field on Oct. 24.

On Tuesday, an irreverent columnist for NFL.com, Gregg Easterbrook, criticized many of the uniform changes in the NFL over the past few years and said, tongue-in-cheek, that he had an exclusive that the Packers will wear yellow jerseys with their usual yellow helmets and pants against the Cowboys for the ?NFL?s first all-yellow uniform.? The column included a picture of quarterback Brett Favre wearing a superimposed yellow jersey while dropping back to pass during a game.

But Bob Harlan, the Packers? president, said the team had not discussed wearing any throwback or alternative jerseys this season.

?I thought maybe we were going to wear an old-timers uniform, go back to something in the ?60s like we did last year (at Detroit),? Harlan said. ?But (equipment manager Red Batty) said, ?No, we don?t have any plans for anything. We would have had to let the league know a few months ago.? ?

If an NFL team wants to wear retro jerseys in any game, it has to notify the league by June 1 of that year. If it wants to make a major permanent change in its uniform, it has to notify the league and NFL Properties more than a year ahead of time.

For me, yellow uniforms are ...

Packers-2.png

I have only read the first 20 or so posts on this thread...but the GB Packers wearing the "mello yellow" jerseys isn't a joke. it's the real deal. sorry if this has already been said. On ESPN 2K5, the Packers, Vikes and Niners all have new alts.

ok....never mind then...i just read a previous post before mine...

I mean, the Cowboys need something done, but they didn't screw it up...actually...did they even change at all from their SB winning jerseys?

Well, the Cowboys' unis are pretty much identical to what they wore when they won three of their five Super Bowls... not sure if that qualifies as "all those" to this columnist... they were losing just as many as they were winning back then. (Unless he means screened vs. sewn-on numbers?!)

Obviously not a column intended for people who are up on uni news. Something for the uninformed masses... and they probably laughed and will spread this nonsense to others as fact. (Which is why Wisconsin papers have to run clarification/denials).

Obviously not a column intended for people who are up on uni news. Something for the uninformed masses... and they probably laughed and will spread this nonsense to others as fact. (Which is why Wisconsin papers have to run clarification/denials).

funny you mention the uninformed...that's where i first saw it-operation sports :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Since the Packer's helmets glow abnormally on television, an all-yellow monochrome is sure to blind many. I may be the only one, but all-green would just seem like..."classically unique" for the Packers.

Oh, I can only imagine the strange new takes...A Niners-Red monochrome, a Saints-gold monochrome, Raiders? Cowboys? MINNESOTA?

I have only read the first 20 or so posts on this thread...but the GB Packers wearing the "mello yellow" jerseys isn't a joke. it's the real deal. sorry if this has already been said. On ESPN 2K5, the Packers, Vikes and Niners all have new alts.

ok....never mind then...i just read a previous post before mine...

they have third color/fashion jerseys for EVERY team on there.

Its one of the coolest things about that game. The huge amount of uni combos for every team. Its like at least 7! They even have teh Texans white helments on there...

Anyway...like I said before...tounge in cheek.

peace,

pc

Well the CFL's Hamilton TICats once wore all yellow unis (well they did have black stripes--but the jersey & pants--as well as helmet were all yellow--it was before my time, but even in my time they did wear predominatley yellow unis...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived