hettinger_rl

Seattle Sea Lions NHL Brand Exploration 2/1 Dark/Light Unis

11 minutes ago, hettinger_rl said:

I've set the logos in Green/Yellow/White and arranged them together to see which 'S' logo works better with the set. What are your thoughts?

63rjly.jpg vo7wd0.jpg

I like the S on the right, it feels like if you made a fone set off of these it would be more readable than the Seahawk S. 

15 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I like the S on the right, it feels like if you made a fone set off of these it would be more readable than the Seahawk S. 

I agree with MJ...I like the "S" on the right !

I'd be curious to see this in a Vancouver Grizzlies-esque colorway since that is truest to the aesthetic of the logo.

2 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

I've set the logos in Green/Yellow/White and arranged them together to see which 'S' logo works better with the set. What are your thoughts?

63rjly.jpg vo7wd0.jpg

Seems like I am in the minority here, but I much prefer the S on the left.  Great work either way though!

S on the right for me. It's more easily identified as an S. Would it be something that you could conceivably turn into a totem pole-esque design?

It would be worthwhile to research the meaning of the various forms of linework going on in the S. You might be communicating something you don't intend.

2 hours ago, Whittier S said:

I'd be curious to see this in a Vancouver Grizzlies-esque colorway since that is truest to the aesthetic of the logo.

Here is a Grizzlies scheme:

dcu790.jpg

I didn't do red or black right away due to the over abundance of them in the NHL and sports (also Blue).

I really like that--can there be two teal teams in the NHL?

5 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

Here is a Grizzlies scheme:

dcu790.jpg

I didn't do red or black right away due to the over abundance of them in the NHL and sports (also Blue).

IIRC, didn't the Grizzlies wear more of a salmon color than true red? Or was that after they moved to Memphis but before they fully rebranded?

Also, thanks for doing a Sea Lions concept. I remember looking at the proposed names and thinking that one would be good.

The recorded shade of red at colorwerx.net is pretty red.

Here is another color scheme. Based more on ideas of Seattle, this one features Coffee Brown, Cedar Red, and a Blue/Grey/Green.

Newzujjfo.jpg VS dcu790.jpg 

VS  555r39.jpg

Let me know what you think of this color direction.

Vast improvement from the start.

Just for giggles, what would the green and yellow one look like if you replaced the yellow with red and the white with a cream color? Those were the colors of the original Seattle Metropolitans.

My gosh, the new palette is gorgeous.

16 minutes ago, Midwest_surfer said:

Vast improvement from the start.

Just for giggles, what would the green and yellow one look like if you replaced the yellow with red and the white with a cream color? Those were the colors of the original Seattle Metropolitans.

Just for giggles:

1412ge9.jpg

5 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

Here is another color scheme. Based more on ideas of Seattle, this one features Coffee Brown, Cedar Red, and a Blue/Grey/Green.

Newzujjfo.jpg VS dcu790.jpg 

VS  555r39.jpg

Let me know what you think of this color direction.

As I'm mocking up sweaters for this concept I've notices how plain the S looks when it's featured on the front of a sweater; so I've added a feature to it to make it more dynamic as an alternate uniform mark:

29wqsfl.jpg

This hockey stick feature may make other appearances as the concepts progress. 

4 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

As I'm mocking up sweaters for this concept I've notices how plain the S looks when it's featured on the front of a sweater; so I've added a feature to it to make it more dynamic as an alternate uniform mark:

29wqsfl.jpg

This hockey stick feature may make other appearances as the concepts progress. 

Now THAT is sexy.

The blue-grey and brown is beautiful. I'm all for a unique color scheme not used in the NHL, especially if it comes with a slate blue uniform. I'm not sold on the "S" logo. It's pretty detailed, although it does look better with the hockey sticks. The main is great and I'm warming up to the Space Needle mark. Great job so far.