Jump to content

Olympics question


smzimbabwe
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I'm looking over the hockey rosters for various teams I generally root for, and something just popped in my head. Haven't heard anything in a while, but is Alex Ovechkin going to carry out his plan to play in these Olympics no matter what the Capitals of NHL say?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, smzimbabwe said:

So I'm looking over the hockey rosters for various teams I generally root for, and something just popped in my head. Haven't heard anything in a while, but is Alex Ovechkin going to carry out his plan to play in these Olympics no matter what the Capitals of NHL say?

I don't have a link handy, but I remember hearing on the Puck Podcast that he backed off his stance. He's not playing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-01-24 at 11:44 PM, smzimbabwe said:

So I'm looking over the hockey rosters for various teams I generally root for, and something just popped in my head. Haven't heard anything in a while, but is Alex Ovechkin going to carry out his plan to play in these Olympics no matter what the Capitals of NHL say?

It doesn’t matter. Russia’s been banned from the 2018 Winter Olympics over doping. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

It doesn’t matter. Russia’s been banned from the 2018 Winter Olympics over doping. 

 

Sort of. There will be a lot of "Olympic Athletes from Russia" participating. The "ban" is pretty flimsy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, RichO said:

 

Sort of. There will be a lot of "Olympic Athletes from Russia" participating. The "ban" is pretty flimsy.

No, it's not. The Russian athletes who are competing are the ones who (as far as anyone can tell) didn't dope.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.