The Golden One

XFL 2020 Logos and Names

6 hours ago, GDAWG said:

If the XFL brings back some of the USFL teams, like the Tampa Bay Bandits, those logos would have to be updated. 

Maybe the Bandits could use these logos that were originally created for the since-aborted A-11 Football League

As much as I would love to see the USFL come back, I do not see the XFL buying the rights to USFL names and drawing that connection in people's minds.  That said, if they went with a look for their teams that paralleled the look of the USFL (instead of the style of the 90's, 2000's or today's Nike crapfest) I would be extremely psyched.  USFL had designs that rivaled and even surpassed the quality of the NFL in many cases.  

3 minutes ago, WideRight said:

As much as I would love to see the USFL come back, I do not see the XFL buying the rights to USFL names and drawing that connection in people's minds.  That said, if they went with a look for their teams that paralleled the look of the USFL (instead of the style of the 90's, 2000's or today's Nike crapfest) I would be extremely psyched.  USFL had designs that rivaled and even surpassed the quality of the NFL in many cases.  

I guess the bigger question is who paid to use the Generals design that was used at the Spring League. If the XFL did, that's probably proof they're wanting to use that nostalgia to bring in older fans while hoping the play on the field brings in the football junkies who need a football fix every week. 

I love those classic USFL jerseys, but good Lord they had way too much red in the league. Chicago, New Jersey, Memphis, Philadelphia, Birmingham, AND Tampa Bay?! Too much.