XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

Here, just to kill some time, are some top names I would love to see for the different XFL cities:

SEATTLE

1. Sasquatch is my all-time favorite name for a Seattle team.  

2. Steelheads is also a good one, especially for football.

3. Orca would also work well for the region

4. Rangers, as in forest rangers.

DALLAS

1. Drillers--oil reference but also pseudo-violent/hitting reference

2. Rawhides--old west, just sounds cool.

3. Wildcatters--another oil reference, but one with a dual logo option (rigs or cats)

4. Roughnecks--one last oil reference

HOUSTON

1. Any of the Dallas names could also work here

2. Apollos--not likely since the AAF Orlando team used this name, but it makes sense.

3. Howlers--could be a reference to wind or to wolves.

4. Bayous-- Could use a gator, pelican or other bayou creature as a logo/mascot.

LOS ANGELES

1. Stars--too obvious?

2. Aztecs--Too close to SDSU?

3. Gladiators--best if they play in the Colisseum, but if not, can still be a good name. 

4. Surf-- obvious beach culture reference

ST. LOUIS

1. Lightning-- underused in sports and alliterative.

2. Rampage-- A poke in the eye of the St. Louis Rams, and you could use all kinds of animals to depict this.

3. Stallions-- Almost good enough for the NFL, certainly good enough for the XFL

4. Leopards-- an underused big cat option.

TAMPA BAY

1. Plunder-- Nice pirate reference to go with the ship sitting in their stadium.

2. Sharks-- By the bay, the Gulf

3. Tritons-- Another nautical reference.

4. Tigersharks-- Perhaps a bit more specific than #2

WASHINGTON

1. DC Power-- Dual meaning, both electricity and national capital

2. Washington Warhawks-- could use planes or birds as logo

3. Washington Wolves-- nice alliteration and an underused animal

4. DC Dozers-- A bulldozer would be a great football logo

NYC

1. New York Nightowls-- City that never sleeps, Nighthawks could work as well

2. Gotham Knights-- Yes, you might need to check with DC about this first.

3. New Jersey G-Men-- Not sure if the Giants have trademarked this.  If so, DC G-men would be good for Washington too.

4. New Jersey Pallisades-- Hyper-localized reference, but an image of strength and immovability. 

• Like 1

Of the names in this group, Dragons is the only good one (says this fan of the New York Dragons).

But Surge has already been the name of a team with Seattle-appropriate colours and very nice uniforms (though with a helmet logo that seems like an afterthought). The Sacramento Surge of the WLAF evidently had three jerseys: one white, one green, and one blue.

21955d80097c740af9aa287ddc8ebbb4.jpg

91elkins-variant.png

717kI0aOaqL._SY606_.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

43 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Of the names in this group, Dragons is the only good one (says this fan of the New York Dragons).

But Surge has already been the name of a team with Seattle-appropriate colours and very nice uniforms (though with a helmet logo that seems like an afterthought). The Sacramento Surge of the WLAF evidently had three jerseys: one white, one green, and one blue.

91elkins-variant.png

717kI0aOaqL._SY606_.jpg

No just two. That third one you're talking about is just the green one wet. You can tell it's raining in that third card. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

91elkins-variant.png

717kI0aOaqL._SY606_.jpg

Nah, green, red and black ...

519O36cyzIL._AC_SY400_.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Seattle XFL Trademarks Five Potential Team Names

June 29, 2019 - 13:24 PM

Five Seattle-based XFL team names were filed for trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office earlier this month by Alpha Entertainment LLC, a company owned by XFL chairman Vince McMahon. These same five names were then later also […]

Read More...

Even without names and logos, the XFL is already merchandising. Who is going to buy this stuff when it will be obsolete when the names are announced?

mockup-81479587_2000x.png?v=1543609787mockup-47427eba_2000x.png?v=1543608018mockup-7f4c95f4_2000x.png?v=1543601877mockup-15de9e05_2000x.jpg?v=1543753812

mockup-cd1a716d_2000x.png?v=1543938096mockup-9eb78e46_2000x.png?v=1543866789mockup-6356f877_2000x.png?v=1543604192mockup-9b766a2d_2000x.png?v=1543865032

(Some items are available in a selection of colors. Not necessarily team colors.)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

1 hour ago, mjrbaseball said:

Even without names and logos, the XFL is already merchandising. Who is going to buy this stuff when it will be obsolete when the names are announced?

mockup-81479587_2000x.png?v=1543609787mockup-47427eba_2000x.png?v=1543608018mockup-7f4c95f4_2000x.png?v=1543601877mockup-15de9e05_2000x.jpg?v=1543753812

mockup-cd1a716d_2000x.png?v=1543938096mockup-9eb78e46_2000x.png?v=1543866789mockup-6356f877_2000x.png?v=1543604192mockup-9b766a2d_2000x.png?v=1543865032

(Some items are available in a selection of colors. Not necessarily team colors.)

Same people who did that in 2001. Some people will like the city name items over team names. I'm hoping the uniforms settle somewhere between XFL 2001 and AAF in terms of design elements. Orlando Rage were good except for the numbers. Memphis was overdone as well. Just make sure to have home and away jerseys ready, even if you only plan to sell home jerseys.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 6/28/2019 at 1:14 PM, WideRight said:

2. Aztecs

Can people please stop with the Los Angeles Aztecs thing? 

The city of LA has literally zero relation to the Aztec empire, which was located in Central/Southern Mexico.

• Like 7

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, Lafarge said:

Can people please stop with the Los Angeles Aztecs thing? 

The city of LA has literally zero relation to the Aztec empire, which was located in Central/Southern Mexico.

And parts of Texas as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Unclickbaiting from the mothership:

The five names trademarked and registered were Seattle Dragons, Seattle Force, Seattle Fury, Seattle Surge, and Seattle Wild which just shows that no matter how hard we try, we just can’t quite free ourselves from the grasp of the “eXtreme!” naming styles of the late 1990s.

I like Dragons because it's a plural that ends in "s." I'm very simple.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Seattle Surge would work for one of 2 reasons:

1, Coca Cola sponsors the team and gives them the Surge colors of Green, Red and Black which might work.

2, Essentially transplant the Sacremento Surge into Seattle... but change the yellow to blue, that uniform set was good.

• Like 1