XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The Birmingham Iron logo was love at first sight for me.  I don't get that feeling over any of these.  Quite a letdown.

The AAF was half baked (everything about it) a good 5-6 of those logos were better suited for MLS. Anybody who thinks AAF logos were better I want what their smoking!  

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

4 minutes ago, mkg74 said:
3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The Birmingham Iron logo was love at first sight for me.  I don't get that feeling over any of these.  Quite a letdown.

The AAF was half baked (everything about it) a good 5-6 of those logos were better suited for MLS. Anybody who thinks AAF logos were better I want what their smoking!  

The Atlanta and Salt Lake logos were better than anything in the XFL, apart from Los Angleles. 

And please be clear that this is not a knock on the XFL logos; it is praise of the AAF logos.  

• Like 3

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

22 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The Atlanta and Salt Lake logos were better than anything in the XFL, apart from Los Angleles. 

And please be clear that this is not a knock on the XFL logos; it is praise of the AAF logos.  

You must have a low standard of logos, IMO. Those three are all the worst of their respective leagues.

• Like 1

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

1 minute ago, daniel75 said:

Eh it KINDA does.

Kind of, yeah, but you really have to work to make that into an "L"

Not that it will matter. I doubt the logo will be used upsidedown in any fashion.

13 minutes ago, jus2damcrazey219 said:

You must have a low standard of logos, IMO. Those three are all the worst of their respective leagues.

In my opinion the Apollos had the only really decent logo in the whole AAF. Memphis was pretty ok too. The rest were very very poorly executed and half baked(just like everything that league was lol)

• Like 1

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

3 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

In my opinion the Apollos had the only really decent logo in the whole AAF. Memphis was pretty ok too. The rest were very very poorly executed and half baked(just like everything that league was lol)

The fire fighter one was good too imo. The rest pretty much blew, but the jerseys were decent.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

The rest were very very poorly executed and half baked(just like everything that league was lol)

The AAF's logos were top-notch and easily the best thing the league did. Uniforms too. The AAF figured out a way to move away from the traditional football aesthetic and engage in some modern flourish without going full clown suit like Nike tends to with the NCAA and NFL.

Man, between this and your comment that the CFL was "weak ass?" I don't know if I can take your opinions on alternate football seriously 🙃

Just now, daniel75 said:

The fire fighter one was good too imo.

I was contemplating ordering a Hotshots jersey when the league went under. It was a really striking brand.

• Like 3

and I still stand by my cfl is weak ass comment many months later. I’ve felt this way for years. 

they need need to settle the Canadian football vs American football debates once and for all. It would be kind of neat if this XFL makes to year 3. Seems very established. And maybe for the hell of it starts playing some games vs CFL teams. Home and away. You play in Canada you play by Canadian rules. Play in America go by our rules. Why the hell not!  It would be fun stuff 

14 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

The fire fighter one was good too imo. The rest pretty much blew, but the jerseys were decent.

Funny enough. It was the hotshots logo that reminded me most of MLS 

2 hours ago, jus2damcrazey219 said:
3 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

You must have a low standard of logos, IMO. Those three are all the worst of their respective leagues

The Atlanta and Salt Lake AAF logos were remarkable in the amount of detail they displayed without resorting to cheap faux-3D effects.  They were a testiment to the proposition that anything can be done in the two legitimate dimensions. On top of that, the Atlanta wordmark was superb.  (The Salt Lake wordmark less so, for it incorporated shadows.)   @CaliforniaGlowin mentioned "love at first sight" of the Birmingham AAF logo.  However, to me that's the only clunker in that league, due to its clumsy use of bevels, shadows, and depth.  Every other AAF logo and wordmark had plenty of merit; and the use of colour by Arizona, Atlanta, and Salt Lake was most impressive.

The XFL logos keep to a good standard, generally higher than the first time around (due mainly to the absence of abominations such as the Rage and the Maniax).  Of the XFL logos, the strongest are the ones using letters: Los Angeles, Houston, Tampa Bay.  St. Louis's graphic logo is impressive; though it, too, contains a kind of hidden letter-based component.  The only bad logos are Dallas's, which is blocky and clunky, and New York's, which is undecipherable at smaller sizes.  All of the wordmarks except Dallas's are good, being distinctive and full of personality.  As far as colours, the ones chosen for Los Angeles and for Tampa Bay are the most striking.  It's nice to see bright rather than dull shades.

However, taken as a group, the AAF's logos and wordmarks come out a step or two ahead of the XFL's.

aalf.jpg          Illustration for article titled The New XFL Team Names And Logos Are Something Worse Than Bad

Of this group of 16, the best logo overall is that of Los Angeles; and the best non-letter logo and best wordmark clearly belong to Atlanta.

• Like 2

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

3 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

That is crazy. Did they actually design it that way or is it just a crazy coincidence? Wow. 

It was a crazy accident by myself, but who knows maybe it was intentional, i think its pretty damned clever to be perfectly honest if it was intentional

Yes: Renegades, Roughnecks, Guardians, Dragons, Battlehawks*

No: Wildcats, Defenders, Vipers

*The Battlehawks name is weird but I dig the logo.  Gladiators or something might go better.  If I wasn't averse to NY sports as a native New Englander/Sox fan and to Dallas as a Niner fan, I'd rock some Guardians or Renegades gear.

mainescarf.png

4 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

It’s funny how vastly different our opinions are on these logos.

It is and really all across the spectrum of the interweb...i'd say it's 50/50 love and hate. if people were expecting the same juvenile names of the original XFL then good luck to them they can go back to their precious NFL. Mcmahon clearly stated none of the original names were to be used. I just laugn out loud when people say "oh man my NY isnt the Hitmen, i'm off board now"...

Theyre playing it safe and its a good thing. 

• Like 1