XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

6 hours ago, GDAWG said:

If the XFL brings back some of the USFL teams, like the Tampa Bay Bandits, those logos would have to be updated. 

Maybe the Bandits could use these logos that were originally created for the since-aborted A-11 Football League

YOZXkBG.png?1

As much as I would love to see the USFL come back, I do not see the XFL buying the rights to USFL names and drawing that connection in people's minds.  That said, if they went with a look for their teams that paralleled the look of the USFL (instead of the style of the 90's, 2000's or today's Nike crapfest) I would be extremely psyched.  USFL had designs that rivaled and even surpassed the quality of the NFL in many cases.  

3 minutes ago, WideRight said:

As much as I would love to see the USFL come back, I do not see the XFL buying the rights to USFL names and drawing that connection in people's minds.  That said, if they went with a look for their teams that paralleled the look of the USFL (instead of the style of the 90's, 2000's or today's Nike crapfest) I would be extremely psyched.  USFL had designs that rivaled and even surpassed the quality of the NFL in many cases.  

I guess the bigger question is who paid to use the Generals design that was used at the Spring League. If the XFL did, that's probably proof they're wanting to use that nostalgia to bring in older fans while hoping the play on the field brings in the football junkies who need a football fix every week. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I love those classic USFL jerseys, but good Lord they had way too much red in the league. Chicago, New Jersey, Memphis, Philadelphia, Birmingham, AND Tampa Bay?! Too much.

• Like 1

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

If the XFL used USFL nicknames:

- Dallas Gunslingers

- Houston Outlaws

- Los Angeles Express

- New York Generals

- St. Louis Stallions

- Tampa Bay Bandits

- Washington Federals

Why not Houston Gamblers or St. Louis Showboats?

YOZXkBG.png?1

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:14 PM, JH42XCC said:

Why not Houston Gamblers or St. Louis Showboats?

Would love St. Louis Showboats as a team nickname if they could pull off a decent brand identity with it.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

On 6/8/2019 at 12:21 PM, GDAWG said:

If the XFL used USFL nicknames:

- Dallas Gunslingers

- Houston Gamblers

- Los Angeles Express

- New York Generals

- St. Louis Stallions

- Tampa Bay Bandits

- Washington Federals

- Seattle Breakers 😁

On 5/9/2019 at 11:22 PM, GDAWG said:

On 5/15/2019 at 12:47 PM, GDAWG said:

If the XFL brings back some of the USFL teams, like the Tampa Bay Bandits, those logos would have to be updated. 

On 5/15/2019 at 7:53 PM, JH42XCC said:

Maybe the Bandits could use these logos that were originally created for the since-aborted A-11 Football League

Just an aside....

It is pretty much common knowledge that the name "Bandits" came about via Burt Reynolds' minority ownership stake in the team, with "The Bandit" being his most iconic character.  This led to Burt's crew being involved-- Jerry Reed's Banditball song, Loni Anderson's poster, etc.:

spacer.png

But what many don't know is that the Tampa Bay logo, with the Bandit all in black except for a red bandanna, riding on a black horse, was actually adapted from an image in the 1977 movie "Smokey and the Bandit" -- in particular, the mural on Beau "Bandit" Darville's rig  (yeah, I know, Cletus "Snowman" Snow was driving it, but it was actually the Bandit's rig). Check it out:

spacer.png spacer.png

• Like 6

It is what it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently someone has been scouring the TESS database, waiting for the XFL (Alpha Entertainment) to trademark names for the 8 new XFL teams, and it paid off.  The XFL has trademarked 5 identities for the new Seattle franchise.  They are:

Seattle Fury

Seattle Force

Seattle Surge

Seattle Dragons

Seattle Wild

My pick from this group would be either Dragons (Use an asian dragon motif?) or Surge (ocean reference?).  The complaint online so far has been that none of these names has an obvious Pacific Northwest connection (Unlike the NHL name such as Steelheads, Sockeyes, or Emeralds).  I would have loved it to be the Seattle Sasquatch, but I guess that is not in play.  But, that said, any of these names, generic as they are, would be better than the early rumors that the team would be either the Seattle Submarine or Seattle Subterranean.  

Here is one link to this info: 

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/663280/xfl-seattle-team-5-potential-names/?fbclid=IwAR00lXFGlm2azFeFiGlBIn463LVSC6M33lIDtMWB5Ac94oIVAUc8ssMFAio